Custom/duty fees Japan ---> United States.

Asian Made & Swiss Asian watches
codguy
ASSHAT

Custom/duty fees Japan ---> United States.

Post by codguy » January 21st 2021, 9:36am

Has anyone here purchase a wartch from Japan, had it ship via DHL to the states and what was your experience as far as importation fees are concerned ??

The back story; I finally killed a automatic "beater" wartch yesterday. Sometime between say rounds #20-50 of .44 Remington Magnum, I noticed the watch wasn't running and could see Miyota movement shit floating around via a display caseback (now I know the reason why some give you a movement view).
Honestly I thought it would happen while golfing, but I digress.

OK, so where was I ??
I am thinking about purchasing a JDM replacement from Seiyajapan.
Apparently EMS has suspended all service from there to the US due to China-19, they now only ship to here via DHL.

So what I gathered from Seiya's site, EMS never collected custom/duty fees but sometimes DHL does with product shipped to the US.
https://www.seiyajapan.com/pages/import-tax-information

Just wondering. Not willing to pay the inflated JDM price, an additional 10% customs/duty fee AND the Washington State 10% sales tax.............don't need a JDM model that much but prefer the one I'm looking at over the export model.
koimaster (Online)
Founder

Re: Custom/duty fees Japan ---> United States.

Post by koimaster » January 21st 2021, 12:34pm

codguy wrote:
January 21st 2021, 9:36am
Has anyone here purchase a wartch from Japan, had it ship via DHL to the states and what was your experience as far as importation fees are concerned ??

The back story; I finally killed a automatic "beater" wartch yesterday. Sometime between say rounds #20-50 of .44 Remington Magnum, I noticed the watch wasn't running and could see Miyota movement shit floating around via a display caseback (now I know the reason why some give you a movement view).
Honestly I thought it would happen while golfing, but I digress.

OK, so where was I ??
I am thinking about purchasing a JDM replacement from Seiyajapan.
Apparently EMS has suspended all service from there to the US due to China-19, they now only ship to here via DHL.

So what I gathered from Seiya's site, EMS never collected custom/duty fees but sometimes DHL does with product shipped to the US.
https://www.seiyajapan.com/pages/import-tax-information

Just wondering. Not willing to pay the inflated JDM price, an additional 10% customs/duty fee AND the Washington State 10% sales tax.............don't need a JDM model that much but prefer the one I'm looking at over the export model.
invictas :mrgreen: come from china.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by biglove » January 21st 2021, 7:13pm

Never have had an issue with a DHL.shipment getting popped for Customs fees.

On the other hand, EVERY FedEx package I have received from anywhere outside US has gotten nailed for customs fees.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
iwasbanned
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by iwasbanned » January 21st 2021, 10:00pm

biglove wrote:
January 21st 2021, 7:13pm
Never have had an issue with a DHL.shipment getting popped for Customs fees.

On the other hand, EVERY FedEx package I have received from anywhere outside US has gotten nailed for customs fees.
My experience as well.

Return to “Asian and Far East Watches”