Kiu Tai Yu RIP

Asian Made & Swiss Asian watches
koimaster
Founder

Kiu Tai Yu RIP

Post by koimaster » February 17th 2020, 7:53am

AHCI: Académie Horlogère des Créateurs Indépendants’.

BAD59A12-2713-48A9-B122-2BC11ED29BFB.jpeg

We regret to inform you of the death of our colleague Kiu Tai Yu. He was an excellent watchmaker, great collector and a sincere and generous friend, who made a huge contribution to the reputation of AHCI in Asia and around the world.Kiu Tai Yu is a Chinese watchmaker.The Chinese Kiu Tai Yu has become known as "Mr. Tourbillon". He was born on 26.07.1946, in Suzhou, province Jiangsu (China). In May 1970 he made his first mechanical watch. 1980, he moved to Hong Kong. 1990, he was the first in China to build a wristwatch with tourbillon (No. 0).

7FC64314-926F-4136-BE2F-A256F284FDE1.jpeg

In January 1992,he was the first and only member in the Watches Artists Association AHCI. 1993 he created the sensational free-floating "Mystery Tourbillon".He is a diligent watch creator who has built hundreds of models, but has taught all watch knowledge himself, because it is his main passion. As he said: "In 17 years I've gone to the movies just once. No entertainment. I'm always busy with my work. And it's more than work, it incorporates so many elements of my life. This is my job, my passion, and my life.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “Asian and Far East Watches”