You guys think Doxa is in the best 10 list of Chinese made..

Asian Made & Swiss Asian watches
iwasbanned
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: You guys think Doxa is in the best 10 list of Chinese ma

Post by iwasbanned » July 11th 2014, 7:16am

I've owned a couple, briefly of course, but they felt well made. I know they've had some QC issues in the past, but most micros do. The one thing that they have that other micros don't is a unique look, which in my opinion puts them at the top. Their customer service is atrocious, but again, most micros suck as well, though they are less vocal than Doxa who is more Invicta like.

The Doxa name will probably keep me from ever buying one, took the others on trades knowing I could flip them quickly for a small profit.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » July 11th 2014, 8:47am

iwasbanned wrote:I've owned a couple, briefly of course, but they felt well made. I know they've had some QC issues in the past, but most micros do. The one thing that they have that other micros don't is a unique look, which in my opinion puts them at the top. Their customer service is atrocious, but again, most micros suck as well, though they are less vocal than Doxa who is more Invicta like.

The Doxa name will probably keep me from ever buying one, took the others on trades knowing I could flip them quickly for a small profit.

Quite so. There seem to be enough Doxer fanbois out there who keep second-hand prices fairly high. If you buy one used for a decent price, you can usually flip it and not lose money.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » July 11th 2014, 9:04am

Would never own one and at this point, my thoughts about a brand that brags about ties to a Nazi supporter and acts like a bully on facebook and forums taint my opinions of them.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Post by iwasbanned » July 11th 2014, 10:44am

bedlam wrote:I would rate Halios higher overall: value, CS, design, etc

Actually you are quite right. I guess in my mind I consider Halios a whole different kind of Micro in a different tier than everyone else. I see most micros as marketing machines. Jason on the other hand actually appears to be quite involved in all aspects and tries to make original designs.
ocean
Master of Time

Post by ocean » July 11th 2014, 11:22am

No I don't believe that they are even in the conversation. Besides what koi said if I was to look at Doxa I would be looking at Irreantum which with a bead of rice bracelet looks pretty good or a vintage Jenny. I would put the in the same conversation with Deep Blue or some of the lesser micros. Know for a fact the CD2 is a better watch along with a puck. Way too many facts about Doxa that make very comparable to another brand with fake heritage and bloated msrps. For the price I would definitely be looking elsewhere for a better watch.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason

Return to “Asian and Far East Watches”