Sternglas watches

From Sothis to Blancier, all things German
koimaster
Founder

Sternglas watches

Post by koimaster » March 15th 2020, 3:01pm

The Sternglas Story: From a student job to a watch brand
It all started in a watch manufactury
Exactly at the age of 16 I started to work in a small watch manufactory as a student. I did the filing, attached straps to watches and lugged boxes. But much more important: this experience sparked my interest in watches. I told everyone about my job at the watch company, my teachers, my parents, my classmates.
981441D5-AAC7-49F3-84B3-DB26706F6D39.jpeg
43A10DA7-1EE7-4EB5-8354-6F9591FE0646.jpeg
One day, at the age of 21, I got the idea of founding a watch company myself. Of course, I told everyone about it again. But I was inexperienced, young and hesitant. And the worst thing: I thought about it for far too long and designed watches until late at night. After some time, brands that are very well known today passed me by. Brands without passion and without the love for detail. I was devastated and buried my dream. In the meantime I worked as a web designer. But this did not make me happy. Again and again I sat down at the watches and created new watch designs.

The founding of Sternglas
Then in 2016, I swore to myself I would finally do it. No matter what. I took everything together, all my savings, all my energy, my contacts and resources. And above all, I thought less complicated. In October, the time had finally come. The starting signal was given by crowdfunding and in the meantime binoculars have become a bit more familiar. Since then we have been doing one thing above all: beautiful and valuable watches that everyone can afford :-)

With best regards from Hamburg,
yours Dustin
Founder of Sternglas

https://www.sternglas.com/collections/all-watches
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Sternglas watches

Post by TemerityB » March 15th 2020, 3:12pm

I've seen a lot worse, and certainly not a gouge. Sort of a like a mini Nomos, as it were (style-wise, at least).
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Sternglas watches

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » March 15th 2020, 7:37pm

Jeebus, almost 800 euro for that "Kanton" thing with the STP 1-11... Tissot and Certina both can offer a Powermatic 80 in that range. If I recall correctly, so do Hamilton and Mido. In case of Certina, it'll also come in a package that's pretty bulletproof. The fuck's the point of this thing, besides trying to mimic Junghans?
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “German Watches”