Damasko: A Look Inside the Manufacture

From Sothis to Blancier, all things German
Racer-X (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Damasko: A Look Inside the Manufacture

Post by Racer-X » February 16th 2019, 7:22pm

"Just fifteen minutes by car from Regensburg, Germany, you’ll find Barbing. This wooded area is not all too different in appearance from upstate New York, despite being a continent away. Large fields studded by small structures line either side of the road when there’s a break in the trees. In the mornings in October, the fog is so thick you can’t see more than a few feet ahead, and there is a pleasant if not slightly-sharp chill in the air.

Tucked away on one of the many understated side roads is a long, single-story, white building with a pitched roof. There’s nothing flashy about it, and nothing to tell you that inside raw materials are transformed into complex machines. Machines that, despite their understated appearances, are some of the most technology packed in their industry.

This is where Damasko watches are made."

https://wornandwound.com/damasko-a-look-inside-the-manufacture/

Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Damasko: A Look Inside the Manufacture

Post by Mark1 » February 18th 2019, 12:54am

Damasko makes a nice watch. My DA36 is nearing ten years and still looks brand new. Why more companies don't use their hardening method is beyond me. I would like to see them diversify their lineup a bit more and I will buy more of them.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » February 18th 2019, 6:53pm

Mark1 wrote:Damasko makes a nice watch. My DA36 is nearing ten years and still looks brand new. Why more companies don't use their hardening method is beyond me. I would like to see them diversify their lineup a bit more and I will buy more of them.

Got a chance to check out Damasko at the W&W watch fairs here the past couple of years. To me, one of the big selling points is their anti-magnetism thanks to the three-section cases they use. You'd think they'd cost a lot more, considering the quality of the movements.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » August 17th 2020, 5:56am

Mark1 wrote:
February 18th 2019, 12:54am
Damasko makes a nice watch. My DA36 is nearing ten years and still looks brand new.
(bump)

The patented ice-hardened, nickel-free stainless steel case along with the Damest coating is to blame......
https://www.damaskowatchtechnology.com/ ... chcase.php
https://www.damaskowatchtechnology.com/ ... oating.php

Mine also still looks flawless.

Welcome to the watchlords liberal echo chamber

Copyright ©️ 2020 codguy media.

Return to “German Watches”