Nomos Minimatik

From Sothis to Blancier, all things German
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Nomos Minimatik

Post by conjurer » October 8th 2018, 8:49pm

3Flushes wrote:About time these guys came out with something wildly different.

TMMLH, you crazy fuck.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Mark1 » October 8th 2018, 10:46pm

It's not that I don't like the watch. The watch is fine. From what I have seen, Nomos seems to suffer from design tunnel vision. Everything is more or less the same. Reminds me in a way of Damasko, a brand I love which is also a one-trick pony.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Pubbie » October 9th 2018, 4:12am

Mark1 wrote:It's not that I don't like the watch. The watch is fine. From what I have seen, Nomos seems to suffer from design tunnel vision. Everything is more or less the same. Reminds me in a way of Damasko, a brand I love which is also a one-trick pony.

Their design may be singular, but their prices sure aren't. 10 micrograms of blue paint on the hands? Hand over another $1,750, you drooling e-hipster!
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » October 9th 2018, 5:52pm

Pubbie wrote:
Mark1 wrote:It's not that I don't like the watch. The watch is fine. From what I have seen, Nomos seems to suffer from design tunnel vision. Everything is more or less the same. Reminds me in a way of Damasko, a brand I love which is also a one-trick pony.

Their design may be singular, but their prices sure aren't. 10 micrograms of blue paint on the hands? Hand over another $1,750, you drooling e-hipster!

Ridiculous even if they really fire the damn things- how many handsets could they fire at once- 10,000? I like the damn things, the management not so much. I should have picked one up when foggy got his- money's gotten a little nuts.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Pubbie » October 10th 2018, 2:20am

3Flushes wrote:
Pubbie wrote:

Ridiculous even if they really fire the damn things- how many handsets could they fire at once- 10,000? I like the damn things, the management not so much. I should have picked one up when foggy got his- money's gotten a little nuts.

They were $900 ten years ago, with a speck better than the ones you can find today. They've hitched their price rises to the Rolex/Omega bandwagon and the interneterati are absolutely loving it.
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » September 1st 2019, 11:34am

I like the Bauhaus, minimalist look but there are plenty of other watchmakers doing the same thing for less $$$. And just how many iterations of "minimalist" can there be?

I'm looking more at Laco, Junghans, Stowa, Junkers

But hey, it's the 100 year anniversary of the Bauhaus movement so there will be LOTS of watches to ponder.

https://www.architecturelab.net/best-bauhaus-watches/
https://gearpatrol.com/2019/02/25/100-y ... s-watches/
https://www.chronopolis.co.uk/blogs/new ... us-watches
https://iknowwatches.com/best-bauhaus-watches/

Return to “German Watches”