Porsche Design Chrono 1 911 S/T

All things Swiss
Post Reply
User avatar
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 4178
Joined: August 7th 2014, 5:53pm
Contact:

Re: Porsche Design Chrono 1 911 S/T

Post by Nuvolari » August 6th 2023, 8:40pm

If this watch is anything like a 911 then it is a watch which will be faster than all watches in its class. In racing that’s awesome, though I’m not sure how that works out in time keeping…

I like it, seems like a cool watch.

I’d you don’t like it - don’t feel bad - it’s only because you’re a half-blind moron with no sense of style or taste and are a completely stupid dumb dumb.

Now log off this forum and get back to your NASCAR race.
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

Image
boscoe
ASSHAT
Posts: 10133
Joined: March 31st 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Porsche Design Chrono 1 911 S/T

Post by boscoe » August 8th 2023, 3:59pm

Nuvolari wrote:
August 6th 2023, 8:40pm
If this watch is anything like a 911 then it is a watch which will be faster than all watches in its class. In racing that’s awesome, though I’m not sure how that works out in time keeping…

I like it, seems like a cool watch.

I’d you don’t like it - don’t feel bad - it’s only because you’re a half-blind moron with no sense of style or taste and are a completely stupid dumb dumb.

Now log off this forum and get back to your NASCAR race.
I'm not fond of the watch - or NASCAR. Drive a 992 911S - WITH PDK - and some high perf mods as well as 2023 Macan S, which is just silly. Not silly fast, simply ridiculous. Naturally I love it - like some will love this watch. But I concede I'm a blindass mo-fo,
User avatar
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 11414
Joined: November 25th 2012, 11:00pm
Contact:

Re: Porsche Design Chrono 1 911 S/T

Post by 3Flushes » August 8th 2023, 5:35pm

boscoe wrote:
August 8th 2023, 3:59pm
Nuvolari wrote:
August 6th 2023, 8:40pm
If this watch is anything like a 911 then it is a watch which will be faster than all watches in its class. In racing that’s awesome, though I’m not sure how that works out in time keeping…

I like it, seems like a cool watch.

I’d you don’t like it - don’t feel bad - it’s only because you’re a half-blind moron with no sense of style or taste and are a completely stupid dumb dumb.

Now log off this forum and get back to your NASCAR race.
I'm not fond of the watch - or NASCAR. Drive a 992 911S - WITH PDK - and some high perf mods as well as 2023 Macan S, which is just silly. Not silly fast, simply ridiculous. Naturally I love it - like some will love this watch. But I concede I'm a blindass mo-fo,
You like the PDK transmission? Have heard it's a high maintenance waste of money off the track or Autobahn.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2023 3flushes Media.^^^
User avatar
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 4178
Joined: August 7th 2014, 5:53pm
Contact:

Re: Porsche Design Chrono 1 911 S/T

Post by Nuvolari » August 10th 2023, 10:00pm

boscoe wrote:
August 8th 2023, 3:59pm
Nuvolari wrote:
August 6th 2023, 8:40pm
If this watch is anything like a 911 then it is a watch which will be faster than all watches in its class. In racing that’s awesome, though I’m not sure how that works out in time keeping…

I like it, seems like a cool watch.

I’d you don’t like it - don’t feel bad - it’s only because you’re a half-blind moron with no sense of style or taste and are a completely stupid dumb dumb.

Now log off this forum and get back to your NASCAR race.
I'm not fond of the watch - or NASCAR. Drive a 992 911S - WITH PDK - and some high perf mods as well as 2023 Macan S, which is just silly. Not silly fast, simply ridiculous. Naturally I love it - like some will love this watch. But I concede I'm a blindass mo-fo,
There are no wrong answers here - but clearly you are wrong. 😉

I mean… Except for the 922 and the Macan S, you’re right on there, B.

Yeah, the PDK is addictive because it’s just so damn quick and easy… but it does dilute the driving craft compared to being able to smoothly heal and tow downshift.

I dunno… what’s it worth to go slower for a more enjoyable analogue feel? Or to go faster with a less engrossing sensory input.

I can say with any degree of reliability because I’m such a sellout I tend to love the vehicle underneath me - weather a crude torsion bar sprung racecar with a manual box, a confusingly fast and comfortable sporty touring car, or a ridiculously well-handling and fun-to-drive truck/SUV/crossover. Ridiculous indeed!

Isn’t ridiculous the best!?
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

Image
User avatar
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 4178
Joined: August 7th 2014, 5:53pm
Contact:

Re: Porsche Design Chrono 1 911 S/T

Post by Nuvolari » August 10th 2023, 10:08pm

3Flushes wrote:
August 8th 2023, 5:35pm
boscoe wrote:
August 8th 2023, 3:59pm
Nuvolari wrote:
August 6th 2023, 8:40pm
If this watch is anything like a 911 then it is a watch which will be faster than all watches in its class. In racing that’s awesome, though I’m not sure how that works out in time keeping…

I like it, seems like a cool watch.

I’d you don’t like it - don’t feel bad - it’s only because you’re a half-blind moron with no sense of style or taste and are a completely stupid dumb dumb.

Now log off this forum and get back to your NASCAR race.
I'm not fond of the watch - or NASCAR. Drive a 992 911S - WITH PDK - and some high perf mods as well as 2023 Macan S, which is just silly. Not silly fast, simply ridiculous. Naturally I love it - like some will love this watch. But I concede I'm a blindass mo-fo,
You like the PDK transmission? Have heard it's a high maintenance waste of money off the track or Autobahn.
No, it’s as reliable as the comparable but older and slightly slower sequential automatically-shifting ‘manual’ gearbox Audi uses in all their cars.

The fluid is a small fortune and you won’t notice until you need it - they should be serviced in the range of 60k miles, but are a pretty solid and reliable set up.

Two pedals is so much easier in traffic than a stiffly sprung 3rd pedal. And the upshifts happen so fantastically unbelievably stooopidly quickly it will make even a die hard wonder why they are doing it the hard way be engaging a clutch.

Still, unlike the paisan-built sporty cars 🇮🇹 Porsche continues to make manual transmissions available. And that is telling about the engagement it offers.
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

Image
boscoe
ASSHAT
Posts: 10133
Joined: March 31st 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Porsche Design Chrono 1 911 S/T

Post by boscoe » August 17th 2023, 1:52pm

To weigh in the the PDK. The newest versions are sublime. I'd never go back to a manual. Last manual I had was in 2008 RS 60 Spyder (loved the car). My significant other, who had a 2013 911 C4S with PDK, used to complain about it lurching in corners. I would say pssshaw and call her a pussy and felt the six-speed gave me more control and fun.
But lots have changed on Porsche since then, including the PDK which is slick as goose shit. Am really impressed after returning to Porsche after three years in Corvette World (sorry Alain, may you rest in peace) with an auto trans since my SO can't do stick no matter how many lessons she's had.
Post Reply

Return to “Swiss Watches”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests