All things Swiss
koimaster (Online)
Founder

Re: Tribus watches

Post by koimaster » May 12th 2022, 10:05pm

conjurer wrote:
May 12th 2022, 4:24pm
From the manufacturer's website:

Finally, a dress watch with personality. Just as good looking as your neighbour's wife and every bit as complicated.

Finally, a watchmaker almost as fucking perverse as me!!
That would be a reach. When that gets a woody I might agree. Good looking watch though

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
svaglic (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by svaglic » May 12th 2022, 10:33pm

Before Christmas these were on sale for a third of what they are now. If you like them, wait until another sale.
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » May 12th 2022, 10:39pm

koimaster wrote:
May 12th 2022, 10:05pm
conjurer wrote:
May 12th 2022, 4:24pm
From the manufacturer's website:

Finally, a dress watch with personality. Just as good looking as your neighbour's wife and every bit as complicated.

Finally, a watchmaker almost as fucking perverse as me!!
That would be a reach. When that gets a woody I might agree. Good looking watch though
I like it, too. Finally, something like a Nomos without all the Bauhaus bullshit.
svaglic (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by svaglic » May 13th 2022, 5:11pm

I didn’t realize this was CW’s new company. That may explain the hesitation of following through on an order. Even around Christmas time, when they were a third of this price, I couldn’t pull the trigger. I always had that problem with CW too, I could just never follow through on buying one. This and CW aren’t hideous watches, there is just something that holds me back, there is no wow factor when I see them. I tried to like them , I just couldn’t.
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
koimaster (Online)
Founder

Post by koimaster » May 13th 2022, 6:39pm

Racer-X wrote:
May 13th 2022, 5:06pm
I like this watch a lot, but after the 70% off fire sale and supposed transfer of assets, I see another fire sale on the horizon.

https://www.christopherwardforum.com/ot ... 57955.html
That was in the fall of 2021. They are delivering watches to those who purchased them.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
DoctorIvey (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by DoctorIvey » May 13th 2022, 6:45pm

svaglic wrote:
May 13th 2022, 5:11pm
I didn’t realize this was CW’s new company. That may explain the hesitation of following through on an order. Even around Christmas time, when they were a third of this price, I couldn’t pull the trigger. I always had that problem with CW too, I could just never follow through on buying one. This and CW aren’t hideous watches, there is just something that holds me back, there is no wow factor when I see them. I tried to like them , I just couldn’t.
I feel the exact same way. I can pinpoint the reason, and feel sure I’m a rare exception. CW would have sold me a watch long ago if they would have simply shut up and sold watches. Instead, they make it clear that they’re a “lifestyle brand “ and they clearly and narrowly define their audience. And I ain’t it. I see Tribus is exactly the same. It’s strange. I generally consider myself to be a bit of an Anglophile, yet I get done reading The Loupe and I feel like Tobey ranting about Limey fucktards.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » May 13th 2022, 11:00pm

DoctorIvey wrote:
May 13th 2022, 6:45pm
svaglic wrote:
May 13th 2022, 5:11pm
I feel the exact same way. I can pinpoint the reason, and feel sure I’m a rare exception. CW would have sold me a watch long ago if they would have simply shut up and sold watches. Instead, they make it clear that they’re a “lifestyle brand “ and they clearly and narrowly define their audience. And I ain’t it. I see Tribus is exactly the same. It’s strange. I generally consider myself to be a bit of an Anglophile, yet I get done reading The Loupe and I feel like Tobey ranting about Limey fucktards.
In this case, you can buy Sinn and tell the fucking limeys to go fuck themselves.

Return to “Swiss Watches”