The Oris Divers Sixty-Five Caliber 400 Limited Edition For HODINKEE

All things Swiss
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

The Oris Divers Sixty-Five Caliber 400 Limited Edition For HODINKEE

Post by Thunder1 » August 19th 2021, 9:24am

Right up my alley, except for the price..

Oris x Hodinkee Divers Sixty-Five Caliber 400 Limited Edition

Hodinkee and Oris debuted a limited edition caliber 400 powered version of the Divers Sixty-Five today.

Introducing the Oris x Hodinkee Divers Sixty-Five Caliber 400 Limited Edition, presented in a 38 mm x 12.6 mm stainless steel case with a rivet-style, tapered stainless steel bracelet that measures 19 mm at the lugs.

Just for Hodinkee, the dial has been given a really attractive olive green paint job, with white printed luminous indices and a subtle vintage style Oris logo in white. The military-hued dial next to the glossy black bezel insert — which has an uncharacteristic countdown, not count up bezel — makes a great combo.

https://www.professionalwatches.com/ori ... d-edition/
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
ocean
Master of Time

Re: The Oris Divers Sixty-Five Caliber 400 Limited Edition For HODINKEE

Post by ocean » August 19th 2021, 7:05pm

3Flushes wrote:
August 19th 2021, 4:03pm
Better part of 4 grand? 100m WR? Not crazy about the OD dial, either. Movement sounds interesting, though.

Half the price must go to Hodonkee.
If the movement didn’t have the problems it has it would be interesting. I’m not sure if they have ever been addressed.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: The Oris Divers Sixty-Five Caliber 400 Limited Edition For HODINKEE

Post by 3Flushes » August 20th 2021, 2:00am

ocean wrote:
August 19th 2021, 7:05pm
3Flushes wrote:
August 19th 2021, 4:03pm
Better part of 4 grand? 100m WR? Not crazy about the OD dial, either. Movement sounds interesting, though.

Half the price must go to Hodonkee.
If the movement didn’t have the problems it has it would be interesting. I’m not sure if they have ever been addressed.
Thanks for the heads up- I'd only checked the specs at Oris's page...

Jeeze - the autowind not reaching the max of the PR in 24'ish hours - it apparently takes 48 hours of wear to wind both barrels to the full 5 days - and the hand setting, but in a pretty good review, this watchmaker - https://www.professionalwatches.com/ori ... al-review/ - also points out some cool sounding innovations.

In any case, I wouldn't spend 4 G's on the Oris to find out for myself, and the 100 M rating really bugs the hell out of me for that kind of money, which, by way of comparison, puts this watch in the price range of my latest obsession - an IWC with their in house chrono movement -which only raised the price of the watch I'm after by about $600 over the former models which had long employed heavily modified 7750's.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^

Return to “Swiss Watches”