A PAM OF WORMS

All things Swiss
koimaster
Founder

A PAM OF WORMS

Post by koimaster » August 8th 2021, 9:34am

PANERAI IN-HOUSE MOVEMENTS – A PAM OF WORMS

In my most recent Instagram post, I uncovered a well-guarded secret. The new P.9200 caliber used in Panerai’s recently introduced chronograph family is a basic ETA 2892-A2 with Dubois Dépraz chronograph module. This unsettling episode opened a veritable can of worms.

Panerai’s new chronographs were presented at Watches and Wonders in April 2021. Today the line consists of a total of five models, four in stainless steel and one in 18k gold. On steel models (PAM01109, PAM01110, PAM01218 and PAM01303 Luna Rossa), the movement is concealed behind a solid caseback. The gold version (PAM01111) has a “display” caseback but the movement is barely visible behind a tinted sapphire crystal decorated with an awkward wave pattern. If I were to guess, I would say the sole reason why Panerai equipped the gold version with a “see-through” caseback was to save precious gold material.

https://perezcope.com/2021/08/08/panera ... 9LaT7ckwx8

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: A PAM OF WORMS

Post by 3Flushes » August 8th 2021, 3:40pm

I really liked Panerai at one time, even defended the bullshit they pulled with the Marina and the 'Brooklyn Bridge,' was enamored with the 8 day P/R movements - and took a lot of crap for it, too - and in retrospect, deservedly so.

Their latest isn't surprising given Panerai's history of concealing lesser movements behind those solid casebacks. It should be fun to watch them try to squirm out from under this deal.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2021 3flushes Media.^^^

Return to “Swiss Watches”