Nivada Grenchen Broad Arrow

All things Swiss
koimaster
Founder

Nivada Grenchen Broad Arrow

Post by koimaster » June 24th 2021, 10:51am

Reviving the Glory of Nivada Grenchen

Nivada Grenchen timepieces have been in the watchmaking industry since 1926, the year when Jacob Schneider first created it in Granges (Grenchen). In 1976, his son Max took over the business. In the United States of America (USA), the Croton Company distributed all Nivada Grenchen watches. The timepieces can have either the Nivada Grenchen or Croton signature, or both.

In 1930, Nivada Grenchen was one of the first companies to manufacture automatic watches. This led to the creation of Nivada Grenchen’s first waterproof automatic watch called the Antarctic in 1950. The watch was worn by the members of the American Navy’s Deep Freeze 1 during their expedition to the South Pole from 1955 to 1956.

Since then, Nivada Grenchen has become known for its Antarctic’s robust and reliable performance in extreme conditions. In 1963, the company launched the Chronomaster – a waterproof chronograph up to 200 meters. It had three distinct collections, namely: Chronomaster, Aviator, and Sea Diver.

In 1964, Nivada Grenchen released another breakthrough timepiece – this time, a diver’s watch called Depthomatic. It was the first diver watch with a depth indicator or bathymeter. A year later, another diving timepiece was introduced under the Depthmaster model – a dive watch that could withstand a pressure of 100 ATM or 1000 meters.

https://nivadagrenchenofficial.com/page ... en-rebirth

Broad Arrow Manual wind https://nivadagrenchenofficial.com/coll ... 5538318424

Antarctic https://nivadagrenchenofficial.com/coll ... /antarctic

Depthmaster https://nivadagrenchenofficial.com/coll ... epthmaster

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
gerdson
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Nivada Grenchen Broad Arrow

Post by gerdson » June 24th 2021, 2:10pm

Some guys in the Swiss watchtime forum ordered a Chronomaster and were quite pleased.
I have been tempted myself, looking at the traditional handwound version, but am not willing to pay another 25% for VAT, as they sell from Switzerland.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » June 24th 2021, 3:53pm

gerdson wrote:
June 24th 2021, 2:10pm
Some guys in the Swiss watchtime forum ordered a Chronomaster and were quite pleased.
I have been tempted myself, looking at the traditional handwound version, but am not willing to pay another 25% for VAT, as they sell from Switzerland.
Route the purchase through a US buyer and have it shipped to you as a used item worth $250

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » June 24th 2021, 10:30pm

Hehe, thanks a lot. :Thumbsup:
But I could get it sent to my sister's adress in Switzerland, and then visit her to pick it up. It's a long drive, but a bit overdue anyways...
I would not want her to smuggle it.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » June 24th 2021, 10:55pm

gerdson wrote:
June 24th 2021, 10:30pm
Hehe, thanks a lot. :Thumbsup:
But I could get it sent to my sister's adress in Switzerland, and then visit her to pick it up. It's a long drive, but a bit overdue anyways...
I would not want her to smuggle it.
Chicken 🐔 dinner

Return to “Swiss Watches”