Formex Essence Thirty Nine

All things Swiss
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Formex Essence Thirty Nine

Post by jason_recliner » January 17th 2021, 11:20pm

https://usd.formexwatch.com/products/es ... eter-black

Never heard of Formex but I really like these. Great looking case and bracelet look to be really nice made. Good price for a top grade SW200 (quite a pretty thing). Some interesting features like quick release bracelet / strap, carbon fibre composite clasp with micro-adjustment, and spring-suspended movement.

A great package overall and priced right. I'd wear one.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Formex Essence Thirty Nine

Post by TemerityB » January 18th 2021, 4:10pm

I was able to handle a couple of watches by this brand last year (whoops, meaning 2019 - fuck, 2020 was like wasted time, jeez), but not this new release. Good build, decent movement for sure; I wasn't crazy about the bracelets. If I was going to grab, one, I'd go for a strap instead. Log Island Watch carries Formex now. COSC specs for that price on some of the models is pretty much unheard of.
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » January 18th 2021, 5:36pm

TemerityB wrote:
January 18th 2021, 4:10pm
I was able to handle a couple of watches by this brand last year (whoops, meaning 2019 - fuck, 2020 was like wasted time, jeez), but not this new release. Good build, decent movement for sure; I wasn't crazy about the bracelets. If I was going to grab, one, I'd go for a strap instead. Log Island Watch carries Formex now. COSC specs for that price on some of the models is pretty much unheard of.
Interesting. I think the bracelet looks great - I like how the chamfered edges pick up the case contours. What didn't you like about it? The style? Or does it not feel very nice? I also really like it on the black and brown straps, and the carbon fibre clasp has me intrigued, so ideally I'd like to get it with both strap and bracelet (tool-free strap / bracelet changes a definite plus).
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » January 18th 2021, 7:18pm

jason_recliner wrote:
January 18th 2021, 5:36pm
TemerityB wrote:
January 18th 2021, 4:10pm
Interesting. I think the bracelet looks great - I like how the chamfered edges pick up the case contours. What didn't you like about it? The style? Or does it not feel very nice? I also really like it on the black and brown straps, and the carbon fibre clasp has me intrigued, so ideally I'd like to get it with both strap and bracelet (tool-free strap / bracelet changes a definite plus).
I'd go that route. I am, shall we say, a bit hirsute, and this was one of the few new bracelets I've tried on in the past few years where I got the "hair-pull pinch" - something schmoes like me have to look our for. It didn't feel good to me, but if you're not a Magilla such as myself, you might have better luck. It IS substantial and adds to the feel of the watch on the wrist - you'll definitely feel it all the while you have it on, I'd wager.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » January 19th 2021, 7:45pm

From what I have read, these are exceedingly well made watches that are a steal for what you get.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat

Return to “Swiss Watches”