Louis Erard Excellence Triptych Collection

All things Swiss
koimaster
Founder

Louis Erard Excellence Triptych Collection

Post by koimaster » January 12th 2021, 5:28pm

It’s not uncommon for brands to introduce multiple models at once for a new collection, usually with consistent aesthetics and often differentiated by features. For example, Eugen Wegner recently launched three watches that shared a common design language and included time-only, time and date, and chronograph models. Louis Erard introduced a trio of its own models late last year with the Excellence Triptych, refining existing designs in its portfolio. All three share a distinctive look but are again separated by features, display and movement – time only, regulator, and monopusher chronograph. Let’s take a closer look at this latest collection, inspired by the Jura Mountains in Le Noirmont, Switzerland… and with cool two-tone silver sector dials.

HISTORY

Founded in 1929 in La Chaux-de-Fonds as a school for watchmaking, the brand began selling watches in 1931. After a couple of acquisitions and some internal turbulence, Louis Erard is now based in Le Noirmont, Switzerland and produces accessible luxury Swiss watches. Most pieces feature mechanical Sellita movements and many are regulators, a style going back to master clocks of the 18th century. At the time, a clock’s minute hand was the most important reference for watchmakers and the others were relegated to smaller, out-of-the-way registers. The style is popular for watch collectors today and brands like Chronoswiss have pioneered modern interpretations. The Louis Erard Excellence Régulateur sits between the other two Triptych pieces with a classic design merging with a modern vibe.

https://monochrome-watches.com/louis-er ... ofgxc9U3Uo

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Re: Louis Erard Excellence Triptych Collection

Post by jason_recliner » January 12th 2021, 5:38pm

Beautiful dials and hands. Love the Petite Seconde. Hopefully these tank and are offered in the future at massive discounts as I could see myself wearing one on special occasions.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Louis Erard Excellence Triptych Collection

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » January 12th 2021, 6:07pm

The monopusher chrono is cool. Not that there’s anything wrong with the other two.
I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst.
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Rule of Acquisition no.285

Return to “Swiss Watches”