Certina DS PH200M Dive Watch

All things Swiss
koimaster
Founder

Certina DS PH200M Dive Watch

Post by koimaster » January 12th 2021, 3:09pm

With the DS PH200M, Certina raises one of its early divers’ watches up to the surface. Not only is the design authentic, the construction is, too. We give it an in-depth look in this review from the WatchTime archives.

A black dial with a red crosshair and the double-C logo, luminous white displays and a broad black bezel with continuous minutes subdivisions: this is what Certina’s DS PH200M divers’ watch looked like in 1967 and what the new version looks like today. The curved crystal is still made of acrylic, which further accentuates the watch’s retro styling. Only the red seconds hand doesn’t match the one on the vintage model, but it creates an appealing and contrasting-colored accent that harmonizes with the intersecting red crosshair on the dial.

https://www.watchtime.com/reviews/certi ... e-buy-usa/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Certina DS PH200M Dive Watch

Post by biglove » January 12th 2021, 5:36pm

A tad too big for frequent wear but guarantee it is well made. Looks great, too.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » January 12th 2021, 6:16pm

Handled the watch on numerous occasions at work - those who know what this means, know.

It is generally alright. Even though the dimensions would suggest that it can be overbearing, it isn’t. Feels reasonably comfortable.
The only beef I have with it is the bezel. It’s just so fucking wobbly... Seems to be the case with Certina and Tissot, the Tissot Seastar has the same issue.
I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst.
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Rule of Acquisition no.285
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » January 12th 2021, 7:38pm

These press releases reviews are so stupid. As if the watch is more affordable because it doesn't have a sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel insert. You can get both those features on a $200 microbrand wartche.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
bedlam (Online)
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » January 12th 2021, 8:48pm

jason_recliner wrote:
January 12th 2021, 7:38pm
These press releases reviews are so stupid. As if the watch is more affordable because it doesn't have a sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel insert. You can get both those features on a $200 microbrand wartche.
You can, though the quality of the crystals in the micros I've seen look trash. A good quality, thicker sapphire crystal will add to the costs
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » January 12th 2021, 10:03pm

bedlam wrote:
January 12th 2021, 8:48pm
jason_recliner wrote:
January 12th 2021, 7:38pm
You can, though the quality of the crystals in the micros I've seen look trash. A good quality, thicker sapphire crystal will add to the costs
Fair call, but we're not talking hundreds of dollars wholesale for a good crystal and bezel insert.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks

Return to “Swiss Watches”