Edox SkyDiver Neptunian

All things Swiss
koimaster
Founder

Edox SkyDiver Neptunian

Post by koimaster » January 12th 2021, 1:09am

I’ve said this many times; dive watches are a dime a dozen these days. You’ve got Rolex, Blancpain and Omega (among others) covering the high end, while Seiko, Hamilton and Oris bring things down to Earth. From a usability standpoint, few things separate these offerings as depth ratings vary from 100 to 300 metres and it’s just a matter of finding the right tool for the job. The ultra-deep divers, like this new Edox SkyDiver Neptunian, bring a special spec to the table that few others can match. A full 1,000-metre rating is fairly rare and Edox achieves this at a surprisingly affordable price point.

Edox is no newcomer to the industry, founded in 1884 in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland. It introduced several aquatic innovations in the 1960s, including the renowned Delfin dive watch with a patented crown system. This double waterproof joint allowed for a 500-metre depth rating, unheard of at the time, and became a hit with both divers and boatsmen. The SkyDiver Neptunian is based on the elusive SkyDiver from 1973 (and modern counterpart), and more than triples the rating to 1,000 metres.

The stainless steel case is 44mm in diameter and 15.6mm in height and has a 3mm thick sapphire crystal. A gold PVD option is also available. An integrated crown guard protects the screw-down crown and a helium escape valve ensures safe decompression if saturation diving. The ceramic bezel has standard markings without a detailed scale (or numerals) and the solid case back features an engraving of Neptune, Roman God of the Sea.

https://monochrome-watches.com/edox-sky ... ing-price/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Edox SkyDiver Neptunian

Post by MAX » January 12th 2021, 6:40am

I could live with that one.

Yeah, wonder why all the writing is at the top and not at least split 50/50. Maybe all at the bottom or left off.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » January 12th 2021, 6:44am

MAX wrote:
January 12th 2021, 6:40am
I could live with that one.

Yeah, wonder why all the writing is at the top and not at least split 50/50. Maybe all at the bottom or left off. Strange.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » January 12th 2021, 12:01pm

Attractive as it may be, and it is, it looks like a Sea-Dweller humped a Seiko TransOcean.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
boscoe
ASSHAT

Post by boscoe » January 13th 2021, 2:18pm

Nice dial.
But agree with BigLove. Hybrid freak.
Used to love Edox but sold 'em all off.
Don't hold value.
Sure collecting ain't about money. But most of us here have few keepers and are regularly buying and selling as our whims dictate. So retaining value is a huge issue.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » January 13th 2021, 5:07pm

The text on the chapter ring sucks cock. The rest of the watch is OK.
I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst.
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Rule of Acquisition no.285

Return to “Swiss Watches”