Rado True Square

All things Swiss
koimaster
Founder

Rado True Square

Post by koimaster » October 8th 2020, 11:14pm

If it’s the rugged tool watch charm of the Captain Cook or the historically energised dimensions of the Golden Horse, Rado is probably best remembered in recent years for the watches inspired by the archives of the brand. But there’s a part of the Rado family that watch enthusiasts might be less familiar with, a part that leaves the vintage design cues at the door and instead celebrates space-age materials with a contemporary flair. The Rado True Square collection hails from this lineage within the family. Ceramic cases that appear to be borderline liquid in their appearance, integrated bracelets and curious dials are what you’ll find here. Not a beads-of-rice bracelet in sight.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/hands-li ... brand-can/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Rado True Square

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 9th 2020, 5:28am

The True line-up is sort of nice, but that bracelet just deserves all the hate it could possibly get. And that’s not about the looks, it’s about how fucking horrible it is when you have to remove or add links. Fucking pins and sleeves. Rado is the unquestionable king of making a salesman’s life miserable in that respect.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » October 9th 2020, 1:50pm

Not bad looking. Not my thing but still.

And a pox on anyone who designs a bracelet that utilizes pin and collar/sleeve systems. Freaking Citizen Promaster Tough uses friction pins on some links and pin/collar on others. Total bullshit.
Last edited by biglove on October 9th 2020, 4:56pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I always complain because I'm old now and everything hurts."-Mike Rowe
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » October 9th 2020, 3:39pm

I'm with both of you.

I dunno. It looks like a really good quality watch, but it looks unbalanced to me. And Just knowing that bracelet is a pain in the butt, I'd shy away from it for that factor alone.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » October 10th 2020, 12:49pm

I like that watch- and I could give a shit for the fitments of the bracelet, so to speak, given that for me, there's taking it someplace to be sized, or taking it someplace to be sized with do it yourself complications for 5 X the money,
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.

Return to “Swiss Watches”