Carl F. Bucherer Adamavi AutoDate

All things Swiss
koimaster
Founder

Carl F. Bucherer Adamavi AutoDate

Post by koimaster » September 22nd 2020, 9:02am

The Carl F. Bucherer Adamavi collection has been a popular member of the brand’s portfolio for a number of years. While the Lucerne-based firm makes some highly complicated models such as perpetual calendars and tourbillons, the Adamavi range wholeheartedly embraces the notion of simplicity.

Adamavi is a Latin word meaning ‘to come to love something’ or ‘to take pleasure in something’. Recently, the Swiss marque unveiled new versions of the Carl F. Bucherer Adamavi AutoDate. These new versions encompass subtle shades, including dark grey, dark blue and ‘nude’. Moreover, the brand offers each dial in two case sizes, 31mm or 39mm, both executed in stainless steel.

https://www.escapementmagazine.com/arti ... date.html/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Carl F. Bucherer Adamavi AutoDate

Post by TemerityB » September 22nd 2020, 6:25pm

bbattle wrote:
September 22nd 2020, 10:54am
Sharp! Love the dials.
I agree. And to be honest - I'm pretty good at guessing prices, but at $2,850 (knowing Bucherer), it's about $1,200 less than I thought the MSRP would be.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Carl F. Bucherer Adamavi AutoDate

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 22nd 2020, 7:32pm

It’s beyond me why do they refer to that beige/gold-ish dial as „nude.” I like that colourway, especially paired with the mesh - reminds me of my 1946 Omega and the 1952 Eterna (put both on mesh bracelets...).
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Swiss Watches”