New: Rado Captain Cook Bronze Automatic in 3 colours

All things Swiss
Racer-X (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

New: Rado Captain Cook Bronze Automatic in 3 colours

Post by Racer-X » August 12th 2020, 5:05pm

"Rado introduces their popular Captain Cook Automatic model in a bronze case, with high tech ceramic bezels. Three colours are available – green, blue and brown.

A flawless physique and looks that can drive others to distraction. The new Rado Captain Cook in bronze and high-tech ceramic lives up to its billing. This is a strong look in a muscular watch, created by combining the oldest man-made material with a modern materials marvel. This is where our passion lies, where we do our best work – and you can feel it!"

https://deployant.com/new-rado-captain- ... -automatic

MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: New: Rado Captain Cook Bronze Automatic in 3 colours

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 12th 2020, 6:00pm

I know I’m repeating myself, but... Seriously, I think that bronze really blows as case material. Perhaps if one’s got a more neutral skin pH, it might be OK, but on mine, it happened to leave blotches of green-ish blue filth.

That said, I can’t blame anyone for liking the vibe of bronze cases, but I won’t fucking wear one, be it some microbrand thing or a Rado.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: New: Rado Captain Cook Bronze Automatic in 3 colours

Post by conjurer » August 12th 2020, 6:50pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
August 12th 2020, 6:00pm
I know I’m repeating myself, but... Seriously, I think that bronze really blows as case material. Perhaps if one’s got a more neutral skin pH, it might be OK, but on mine, it happened to leave blotches of green-ish blue filth.

That said, I can’t blame anyone for liking the vibe of bronze cases, but I won’t fucking wear one, be it some microbrand thing or a Rado.
I can attest to this. Back when we were passing around the Brown Bomber and I had custody of the watch, one night, after more than a few cocktails, I decided to see how it would work as an Arab Strap. So I buckled it around my johnson and proceeded to pass out.

In the morning, once I had dislodged the Bomber from my taint and unwound my pubes from the (admittedly) very comfy leather strap, my Adam's Arsenal was covered with greenish blotches. This, along with the pounding hangover, was, to say the least, disconcerting.

Return to “Swiss Watches”