Reservoir Watches Airfight Jet review

All things Swiss
bbattle
Facebook ID: 0

Reservoir Watches Airfight Jet review

Post by bbattle » October 9th 2019, 2:50pm

Not sure about this one; it looks like a speedometer. The hours are shown in a box at the 6 o'clock position while the minute hand mimics the speedometer needle. When it gets to 60 minutes, it flies back to zero.

https://www.watchtime.com/featured/rese ... fight-jet/

A deal breaker is the lack of lume on the hours:

Also the price: $3600 (ETA 2824-2 movement, blah, blah, blah. )

Every watch they make has the same movement and design.

Not a fan.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Re: Reservoir Watches Airfight Jet review

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 9th 2019, 4:47pm

3600 bucks for a motherfucking 2824, with a dial that's basically the layout you'd find on a fucking moped? No fucking way. Fuck this pile of fucking shite.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » October 9th 2019, 4:48pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
October 9th 2019, 4:47pm
3600 bucks for a motherfucking 2824, with a dial that's basically the layout you'd find on a fucking moped? No fucking way. Fuck this pile of fucking shite.
You don't like it?
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 9th 2019, 5:10pm

conjurer wrote:
October 9th 2019, 4:48pm
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
You don't like it?
3600 bucks is sort of a lame offer for a scooter/moped dashboard strapped to the wrist. If to think of that, the same money can buy a scooter dashboard, with the rest of the scooter attached to it. Though even then, no fucking way, nothing scooter-related for me. Fuck these contraptions.

Blame it on me hating scooters as such. The day I tried to learn how to ride one of these things ended with my right knee - and a considerable part of my calf - covered in blood and dirt, and the inside of the calf with a nasty burn from the exhaust pipe. This had me let out a particularly loud and beefy "KUUUUURWAAAAA!," sounding like something between the call of a moose in the mating season and a wolf with a thorn in the arse, in the middle of some dusty watermelon field in the middle of the Greek island of Kos. The leg healed up with no traces left, but the hate for scooters remained. On that day, I've decided to never again ride a fucking motorbike, scooter, moped - whatever has only two wheels, and isn't a bicycle.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » October 9th 2019, 5:22pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
October 9th 2019, 5:10pm
conjurer wrote:
October 9th 2019, 4:48pm
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
You don't like it?
3600 bucks is sort of a lame offer for a scooter/moped dashboard strapped to the wrist. If to think of that, the same money can buy a scooter dashboard, with the rest of the scooter attached to it. Though even then, no fucking way, nothing scooter-related for me. Fuck these contraptions.

Blame it on me hating scooters as such. The day I tried to learn how to ride one of these things ended with my right knee - and a considerable part of my calf - covered in blood and dirt, and the inside of the calf with a nasty burn from the exhaust pipe. This had me let out a particularly loud and beefy "KUUUUURWAAAAA!," sounding like something between the call of a moose in the mating season and a wolf with a thorn in the arse, in the middle of some dusty watermelon field in the middle of the Greek island of Kos. The leg healed up with no traces left, but the hate for scooters remained. On that day, I've decided to never again ride a fucking motorbike, scooter, moped - whatever has only two wheels, and isn't a bicycle.
What are your feelings on kale?
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 9th 2019, 5:58pm

conjurer wrote:
October 9th 2019, 5:22pm
What are your feelings on kale?
You mean the salad-like shit notoriously thrown into everything to appease the hipster herbivores? Bring a bucket, I may vomit, that's my feeling on kale. Would elaborate, if kale deserved as much as that. Although the other feeling I have is that you're just breaking my balls :mrgreen:
H.P. Lovecraft

Return to “Swiss Watches”