San Martin Quartet...I'm sure this'll be kinda boring and repetitious...

Chinese watch Museum and travels to China
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

San Martin Quartet...I'm sure this'll be kinda boring and repetitious...

Post by AlbertaTime » April 30th 2024, 7:32pm

...but I haven't gone on a watch buying spree like this for a few years.

I mean, yeah, an occasional new one will waltz in, maybe while I travel (but most of those are gifts). And otherwise, except for one Timex or a gift, anything I did get was around $100. So this was different for me, Total for all four? $835 USD / two were flawless, but second hand.

And I'm having fun shooting, so please bear with me :-)

Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Re: San Martin Quartet...I'm sure this'll be kinda boring and repetitious...

Post by AlbertaTime » April 30th 2024, 8:38pm

WIStful wrote:
April 30th 2024, 7:45pm
If you ever decide to sell the beige dial one pm me.

The do a good job on the beads in their BOR bracelets. Very beady.
Understood. I haven't sold a watch so far as I can remember, so don't please hold your breath :-) But, yeah, I like it too, so I understand: you called dibs Image

And, yep--the bracelets are commendable. The retail prices for the BOR bracelets they sell aren't particularly low, but it's kinda they know what they got. The beads are individual, the bracelet floats on the skin like mercury on a dime, and the glide-lock clasps up the ante for the competition, right outta the gate. Great bracelets.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
ocean
Administrator

Post by ocean » May 1st 2024, 9:00am

I like all of them! Congratulations AT those are all great choices. In this hobby I like how you can get a 20 dollar watch or a million dollar watch and still have a joy in them. Sorry old ocean might have gone a little bit soft in his years of collecting.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
WIStful

Post by WIStful » May 1st 2024, 10:11am

ocean wrote:
May 1st 2024, 9:00am
I like all of them! Congratulations AT those are all great choices. In this hobby I like how you can get a 20 dollar watch or a million dollar watch and still have a joy in them. Sorry old ocean might have gone a little bit soft in his years of collecting.
100% agree.

1. A thing of beauty is a joy forever
2. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Had lots of fun in the higher end of this interest. Now firmly entrenched in lower end with more reserved tastes. Maybe even more enjoyable at this juncture, finding the beauty in the mundane and everyday

My next acquisition, if there is to be one, is the sub 400 USD (and falling, thanks to yen drop) Citizen NB1050-59H.

Just the thing for the shuffleboard court, I figure. Duratec stuff on these lower end Citizens is amazing.

IMG_3047.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “AlbertaTime Museum and Travels”