A really good video on the 1963s...

Chinese watch Museum and travels to China
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: A really good video on the 1963s...

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » May 10th 2020, 12:26pm

Seen that today. Frankly, this leaves me somewhat puzzled. Where does that really leave HKED and the Sea-Gulls from Watchunique?
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » May 10th 2020, 12:58pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
May 10th 2020, 12:26pm
Seen that today. Frankly, this leaves me somewhat puzzled. Where does that really leave HKED and the Sea-Gulls from Watchunique?
As Jody stated near the end: the presently existing re-issue manufacturers are what everybody thinks of when they think of "Seagull 1963s" although they are not, now because Sea--hyphen--Gull started to release them, the "official" 1963s.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » May 10th 2020, 2:18pm

That's the best video that that Jody guy ever made. I rank on the You Tubers a lot, but he's okay.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » May 10th 2020, 3:18pm

AlbertaTime wrote:
May 10th 2020, 12:58pm
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
As Jody stated near the end: the presently existing re-issue manufacturers are what everybody thinks of when they think of "Seagull 1963s" although they are not, now because Sea--hyphen--Gull started to release them, the "official" 1963s.
That still leaves the question of Watchunique. It’s as if the 1963s in their offer weren’t from Sea—hyphen—Gull, even though they ARE that company’s European distributor, offering the Ocean Star diver and the Dong Feng as well.

Also, who makes the watches for HKED? Does Ed have them made by someone for his shop, or does he have a production facility of his own? Or both?
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » May 10th 2020, 8:13pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
May 10th 2020, 3:18pm
AlbertaTime wrote:
May 10th 2020, 12:58pm
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
That still leaves the question of Watchunique. It’s as if the 1963s in their offer weren’t from Sea—hyphen—Gull, even though they ARE that company’s European distributor, offering the Ocean Star diver and the Dong Feng as well.

Also, who makes the watches for HKED? Does Ed have them made by someone for his shop, or does he have a production facility of his own? Or both?
Ed and Thomas have a close working relationship, and that goes back many years.

I'm not at liberty to speak about Watchunique, and any assumption would probably be wrong, but they have my respect, and I'd buy from them.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
bbattle (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » May 11th 2020, 3:47pm

The front of my watch looks exactly like the Sea-hyphen-Gull watch but it has the caseback window and a sapphire crystal. They offer the acrylic crystal and a 42mm option. Mine is 38mm.
https://seagull1963.org/products/seagul ... 1575711821

I tried to go to the Sea-Gull website but it looked to be malware. I did find the seagullwatchcompany.com website and they have what appears to be the re-issue of the "original". $509.55. Much nicer case than the cardboard box my watch came in.

https://www.seagullwatchcompany.com/col ... ition-fkjb

Return to “AlbertaTime Museum and Travels”