AMCHPR Fenghuang in lots of detail June 9-13/2019

Chinese watch Museum and travels to China
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

AMCHPR Fenghuang in lots of detail June 9-13/2019

Post by AlbertaTime » September 18th 2019, 3:06pm

Finally getting a bit further collating the over 7000 photos, videos and 360s I took on this year's tour...

The full Fenghuang post is here, including more 360s and walkabouts.

https://www.amchpr.com/fenghuang2019.html

Here's a teaser:

Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Re: AMCHPR Fenghuang in lots of detail June 9-13/2019

Post by biglove » September 18th 2019, 4:01pm

Three places I want to visit before I take the big dirt nap, China, Iceland and Tanzania.

Will likely not get to any of them but I love photo "vacations" that allow me to visit virtually.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » September 19th 2019, 10:20am

Thank, BL and John. This This place was a gold mine for phone shooting, and the most peaceful 5 days of my trip :-)

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » September 19th 2019, 1:32pm

Saw that phone camera zoom capability. I am an idiot for sticking with iPhones. Wow!!
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » September 19th 2019, 3:11pm

biglove wrote:
September 19th 2019, 1:32pm
Saw that phone camera zoom capability. I am an idiot for sticking with iPhones. Wow!!
That zoom shot floored me when I attempted it. At that zoom I had to make sure the camera was steady, so I braced it on the balcony rail, but that was about all I had to do. There's no retouching except for the size I exported to the page. I could have zoomed closer but at over 35x, the photos are just too soft/blurry for most purposes. Yeah, the shot's not perfectly clear, even so--but it was good enough for what I was doing.

So far, I don't think any phone camera touches the Huawei when it comes to flexibility. Probably 90% of what I shot this trip was Huawei, and the rest were Samsung S8+, which is still a very good phone camera and I used it for my backup shots, or my 360 One X. I have a dedicated camera that's pretty decent (M50 Canon/mirrorless and 4 lenses) but I didn't take it due to bulk.

When I'm travelling I like to shoot at least 3 or 4 of everything, and most of the time--except for fleeting moments that are "one-off and pray," anyways--will pull out my second phone/camera and grab a couple of exras just to make sure.

Return to “AlbertaTime Museum and Travels”