AMCHPR Fenghuang in lots of detail June 9-13/2019

Chinese watch Museum and travels to China
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

AMCHPR Fenghuang in lots of detail June 9-13/2019

Post by AlbertaTime » September 18th 2019, 3:06pm

Finally getting a bit further collating the over 7000 photos, videos and 360s I took on this year's tour...

The full Fenghuang post is here, including more 360s and walkabouts.

https://www.amchpr.com/fenghuang2019.html

Here's a teaser:

Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Re: AMCHPR Fenghuang in lots of detail June 9-13/2019

Post by biglove » September 18th 2019, 4:01pm

Three places I want to visit before I take the big dirt nap, China, Iceland and Tanzania.

Will likely not get to any of them but I love photo "vacations" that allow me to visit virtually.
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » September 19th 2019, 10:20am

Thank, BL and John. This This place was a gold mine for phone shooting, and the most peaceful 5 days of my trip :-)

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » September 19th 2019, 3:11pm

biglove wrote:
September 19th 2019, 1:32pm
Saw that phone camera zoom capability. I am an idiot for sticking with iPhones. Wow!!
That zoom shot floored me when I attempted it. At that zoom I had to make sure the camera was steady, so I braced it on the balcony rail, but that was about all I had to do. There's no retouching except for the size I exported to the page. I could have zoomed closer but at over 35x, the photos are just too soft/blurry for most purposes. Yeah, the shot's not perfectly clear, even so--but it was good enough for what I was doing.

So far, I don't think any phone camera touches the Huawei when it comes to flexibility. Probably 90% of what I shot this trip was Huawei, and the rest were Samsung S8+, which is still a very good phone camera and I used it for my backup shots, or my 360 One X. I have a dedicated camera that's pretty decent (M50 Canon/mirrorless and 4 lenses) but I didn't take it due to bulk.

When I'm travelling I like to shoot at least 3 or 4 of everything, and most of the time--except for fleeting moments that are "one-off and pray," anyways--will pull out my second phone/camera and grab a couple of exras just to make sure.

Return to “AlbertaTime Museum and Travels”