Emperor Brown at the AMCHPR - July 2019

Chinese watch Museum and travels to China
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Emperor Brown at the AMCHPR - July 2019

Post by AlbertaTime » July 29th 2019, 8:37pm

Feeling wonderfully fortunate today. Look what just turned up in the AMCHPR mailbox: the now sold out 2017 F71 Limited Edition "Emperor Brown" version of the HKED Watches Emperor diver!

First, the details...Seiko NH-35 Automatic, 120 Click Unidirectional Bezel, Domed Sapphire With Internal AR, sunburst dial (I suck at getting a good shot of how beautifully light plays on the dial), Superluminova Old Radium dial and hands lume and Superluminova BGW9 bezel Lume, and 20ATM water resistance.

Ed was extremely generous to me: my watch came with an extra beads of rice bracelet with a different-than-usual clasp, and a canvas travel roll for watches, complete with the now-classic 304 logo leather patch :-)

My photo-fu is not particularly strong today, but I'm really excited to have this in the collection. Every version of this watch has it's own charm, but I've always been particularly taken by the vintage vibe of the Emperor Brown's luminescent earth tones.

...and my not-so-wonderful shot showing the sunburst dial effect...

This is a very comfortable watch. The curved lugs, 40mm width and 13.5mm height make it easy to wear, and 20mm lugs (with holes) mean it'd be easy to dress this beauty up or down with strap changes--but the beads of rice is so smooth and comfortable on the wrist, the watch may never see a different strap, even so.

Ed, I'm more grateful than I have words, and very proud to wear yet another of your fine watches. Thank you!

This last photo is Ed and I happily enjoying the gracious hospitality of David Chang and his wife (back/center) with a group of watch industry friends in Shenzhen, during the China Watch and Clock Fair. Among other accomplishments, David is a jury member of the Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève, the Founder of Watchina, and director of the Beijing Collectors' Association. Ed is wearing an Emperor in the photo.

Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Re: Emperor Brown at the AMCHPR - July 2019

Post by AlbertaTime » July 30th 2019, 1:50pm

biglove wrote:A wonderful gift, indeed.

It is a wonderful gift.

Traveling kinda kills my watch buying budget, so I really appreciate Ed's generosity, here.

But even aside from the generosity, I really have always loved this watch, ever since I saw it. I'd kinda thought I'd be outta luck just because these were getting scarce on the ground, and I always thought it was one of Ed's best coordinated designs. The blue and brown versions are both sold out; now just the black version remains available.

The domed sapphire is so cool--it has that authentic vintage look because when I first saw it, I thought it was acrylic :-)

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Re: Emperor Brown at the AMCHPR - July 2019

Post by AlbertaTime » July 31st 2019, 12:16am

artman wrote:Very cool AT. I'm digging that dial and the rice beads.

Me too :-) It's my first BOR bracelet, and it's silky on the wrist.

Racer-X wrote:Really nice, you're a lucky guy. A spare bracelet is a huge bonus for down the road.

Agreed. It was a kind addition.

conjurer wrote:That's pure fucking class, that is.

:-) Thanks, John. Yeah, I think it's pretty sharp.

biglove wrote:I was having issues with the clasp latch not closing properly. Ed sent me a different prototype clasp at no charge.

A real stand-up guy for sure.

For sure. Ed is a full on class act, and I'm proud he considers me a friend. Spending time with him is a treat, and watches are only a small part of it.

Return to “AlbertaTime Museum and Travels”