- Master of Time
- Posts: 3981
- Joined: October 13th 2010, 10:00pm
- Facebook ID: 0
- Location: Peace River, Alberta
- June 1st: Shijiazhuang with my brother Ma Rong,
- June 6th: Luoyang and Xinmi, with my ex-guide, now friend, Sky Han, and with Li Jiushun, the older gentleman who first befriended me in 2013 and whom I visited in 2015 (well, older than most folks I know in China--Li Jiushun is younger than me ),
- June 9th: Fenghuang (never been there before, see the photos below),
- June 14th between Guilin and Yangshuo (I've booked rooms in both places so I can go back and forth at will--it's really pretty around there),
- June 19th in Shenzhen to meet up with Joel Chan of Micmicmor Vintage Watch and see the China Watch and Clock Fair, including meets with Robin Tallendier and Wilfried Buiron of Atalier Wen , but also all my friends with the CHA and the Guangzhou Watch and Clock Association, too, and MCH and Longio--and anyone else who will take time to see me .
- June 23rd...I'm not sure exactly but I have to be back in Beijing June 28th to fly home.
(Not my photos)
Evidently it gets lit up all purty at night...
I have valued friends everywhere else I'm visiting in China, now that I have a few visits behind me, but my days in Fenghuang, and my time between Guilin and Yangshuo, are pure relaxed solo tourist time.
I've been to Guilin and Yangshuo before but, for example, I only had a single afternoon in Yangshuo and as soon as I got there I knew I was at the very least a day or two short of what it deserved.
And Fenghuang...I mean: just look at the place. It's old, it's a "water town", lots of it is on stilts, there's a bunch of bridges (some of them just pylons to step on), and I have a very decent room right on the river for five nights for just over $200 total As soon as I saw the photos I knew I had to go.
I'll keep you all posted as I travel, but I am so excited now that it's close I can almost taste the Chuan'er, Tofu Nao and Er Guo Tou.
"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu