AMCHPR China Tour 2018 Shandong Liaocheng ZhongTai

Chinese watch Museum and travels to China
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

AMCHPR China Tour 2018 Shandong Liaocheng ZhongTai

Post by AlbertaTime » February 23rd 2019, 12:27am

Weebly doesn't do BBCode, so I have to link directly now...

https://www.amchpr.com/trip-5---april-23-2018-part-2-shandong-liaocheng-zhong-tai-watch.html

But this is the newest installment of the AMCHPR China Tour 2018, featuring one day: May 23. I re-visited PTS Resources partner Shandong Liaocheng Zhong Tai Watch Co., Ltd, and tooled around in the Liaocheng "Old Town" district.

There's lots of watch related info, and maybe even a few questions answered, lotsa photos, a few videos, and, after the Old Town, a couple of very normal Liaocheng street views.

You guys are first to see this. I'm waiting on a bit more information I might add on Monday before I put this out more generally, but it's the weekend and I hope you like it.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Re: AMCHPR China Tour 2018 Shandong Liaocheng ZhongTai

Post by AlbertaTime » February 24th 2019, 9:06pm

The new information has been added:

More watch movement photos, more factory photos and new information (the info I was waiting for) on the designer of China's very first "open-heart" movement and many more patented Chinese movement designs, Mr. Li Chenguang. The "open-heart" has since become staple design in the Chinese watch industry.

Hope you enjoy...

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 24th 2019, 9:08pm

Worth it just for the photos, but lots of info packed into the site. Great post, AT.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » February 24th 2019, 9:15pm

Some incredible photos. Always amazes me that you are THE Westerner with access to the Chinese watch industry. Such a different culture.
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » February 24th 2019, 9:40pm

biglove wrote:Some incredible photos. Always amazes me that you are THE Westerner with access to the Chinese watch industry. Such a different culture.

Thank you for your kind compliment, but...

You're amazed?!?!?!? :D

I'm still astonished, every single day, at what I've been fortunate enough to experience and share. I look back on the photos and articles and I can hardly believe it myself even after living it.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » February 24th 2019, 11:39pm

Going back perhaps a hundred years ago--the blink of an eye in recorded history--much of our combined knowledge of various subjects came to us in this way. Learned people, with an intense interest in a small niche subject, would do the legwork and research into their subject, and then publish their findings, with little or no financial reward, for the edification of others with similar interests.

In terms of Chinese horology and its understanding in the West, there is no finer gentleman scholar than our own A-T. He wishes to learn more about Chinese horology, so he goes to China and learns about it, publishes his findings, and we are all the richer for it.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
3Flushes (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » February 25th 2019, 1:51am

conjurer wrote:Going back perhaps a hundred years ago--the blink of an eye in recorded history--much of our combined knowledge of various subjects came to us in this way. Learned people, with an intense interest in a small niche subject, would do the legwork and research into their subject, and then publish their findings, with little or no financial reward, for the edification of others with similar interests.

In terms of Chinese horology and its understanding in the West, there is no finer gentleman scholar than our own A-T. He wishes to learn more about Chinese horology, so he goes to China and learns about it, publishes his findings, and we are all the richer for it.

Exactly that^^^ Like DaVinci and freakin' anatomy.

I knew diddly squat about Chinese watch manufacturing other than I was largely disinterested until you started posting about your travels and I started hanging out on occasion at AMCHPR. The site is more awesome every time I see it. Noticed the screen saver photography this time around- I recognized a couple from posts but saw some really spectacular pics I never saw before- truly great stuff, AT.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » February 25th 2019, 9:06am

Temerity, 3F, Conjurer...many thanks for your generous comments. No one is as supportive of my madness as you folks here at Watchlords, and you all keep me going.

I'm very grateful.

I'm going to be adding some more photos to the Desktop Backgrounds section, and I'm happy you enjoy that stuff, 3F.

Return to “AlbertaTime Museum and Travels”