Very grateful to Chinese horological writer A.J....

Chinese watch Museum and travels to China
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Very grateful to Chinese horological writer A.J....

Post by AlbertaTime » September 1st 2018, 12:07am

...for his very kind article on my relationship with China and its watch and clock industry. I wrote to A.J. that he hears my heart.

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/z8RTPtYF51UAyGCex2TO5Q

You can use Google or Bing or Baidu to translate.

A.J. with AHCI watchmaker Guo Ming at the Shanghai Clock Culture and Science Museum. A.J. on the left/stage right.

Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Re: Very grateful to Chinese horological writer A.J....

Post by AlbertaTime » September 1st 2018, 12:52pm

foghorn wrote:That was cool to read. Good stuff,Luo.

谢谢谢谢

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » September 1st 2018, 11:46pm

In his eyes, China is better than many Western countries and can be said to be the most perfect country.

:mrgreen:

A nice article, and it is obvious they do admire You for the respect You show to their country and their "watch heritage". Thanks for linking.
I do work with a lot of Chinese colleagues on a daily basis, and I like them as well.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » September 2nd 2018, 12:30am

gerdson wrote:
In his eyes, China is better than many Western countries and can be said to be the most perfect country.

:mrgreen:

A nice article, and it is obvious they do admire You for the respect You show to their country and their "watch heritage". Thanks for linking.
I do work with a lot of Chinese colleagues on a daily basis, and I like them as well.

:-) "The most perfect country"...I have no idea which country is the most perfect. I do know that China is not near as horrible as many think, and much better than many think, actually. And yeah, it's got its problems, for sure, just like A.J. noted I am aware. I'm not blind and I try to pay attention.

But A.J. is very correct about how much I like, respect and admire China--but I also like, respect and admire the States, for example, and always have, for other things that China has yet to fully discover. I don't know that they "admire" me, but I know they appreciate that I can look past the flaws and see their humanity, and the optimism and hopes for the future, and the good will--and there's huge amounts of that.

AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » September 2nd 2018, 2:27pm

biglove wrote:Translator not working. :(

This will get you to the Google translated version...

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... yGCex2TO5Q

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » September 2nd 2018, 3:43pm

Thanks, Ron. You are truly an asset to the hobby and a fount of knowledge with Chinese watches. Glad to see you receiving some much deserved recognition and accolades.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat

Return to “AlbertaTime Museum and Travels”