Tandorio #2 arrives at the AMCHPR - another fun low-$ watch

Chinese watch Museum and travels to China
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Tandorio #2 arrives at the AMCHPR - another fun low-$ watch

Post by AlbertaTime » April 2nd 2024, 5:21pm

I ordered this sterile, but I think I might have done the brand a disservice, because it looked quite OK with the printing, and it's a pretty decent build for the dollars ($70USD on Ali sale), at least so far.

-Movement : NH35A auto
-Case width: 36mm without crown
-Case thick : 14mm
-Case Material : 316L
-200m WR (screw crown)
-Lugs : 18mm
-Crystal : domed AR sapphire
-Lumed marks and hands
-Lug to lug : 41.5mm

I like the look, although if someone argued it was kinda schizophrenic for them, what with the diver dial and no bezel, I wouldn't argue--but it's easily readable, and the dial dances in the light. And, I always liked an orange minute hand on my Aqualung diver, so I'm happy with it here, too. Is it a serious watch? Well, it's serious fun, it's very comfortable (although I may get a steel bracelet for it if I find one I like) and I'm thinking I'll wear it quite a bit for work.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Re: Tandorio #2 arrives at the AMCHPR - another fun low-$ watch

Post by AlbertaTime » April 2nd 2024, 5:52pm

Yep, it tells time. Other places, I described it as a "true *desk* diver" since no bezel.

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » April 2nd 2024, 7:50pm

conjurer wrote:
April 2nd 2024, 6:38pm
It sure is purdy!
I thotso two. Sparkels--wich harkins bak to the korvideye jeans whut I expect I gots from sum waybak.
smellody wrote:
April 2nd 2024, 7:04pm
Interesting. Looks well done. All that at a price Recliner would almost approve. Well done!
Thanks.

The case finish is mostly a satin brush with light 1.5-ish mm polish on the left and right edge. The dome sapphire has great AR and a nice rounded box curve. And I don't really look at it as an homage because it's a radically different take on using a dive dial. Like the San Martin from a few days ago, it makes for a really fun casual/summer watch. For not much dollars.

MAX (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » April 3rd 2024, 4:23am

Interesting and that movement is used in a lot of higher costing watches these days. Ive had quite a few inexpensive watches that Ive really enjoyed and some Im sorry I flipped. That one grows on you I think.
NRPI and Shitheel here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

If I am to be insulted I must first value your opinion.

Return to “AlbertaTime Museum and Travels”