Isotope Goutte d’Eau Review

Watches with British & Commonwealth roots
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » June 19th 2019, 10:17am

In our exclusive first look at the prototypes of the new Isotope Goutte d’Eau our Editor wrestles with the question: how much better will Microbrand dive watches get in 2019?

2019 is turning out to be a great year for British Microbrand dive watches. First we had Hamtun’s exquisite Kraken, then the Newmark 71 which launched on Kickstarter yesterday. And now another one joins the fray: the Isotope Goutte d’Eau. This watch completes a triumvirate of superb watches that cover every base: from the Kraken’s lightweight titanium, through the Newmark’s 12-hour bezel to this watch’s sandwich dial and compressor case. Isotope kindly lent me both of the prototypes, which are slightly different from the final production versions, which I’ll explain later. Let’s get one thing clear right away: this is a brilliant watch.

Case

The Isotope Goutte d’Eau comes in a matt finished stainless steel case with twin crowns. The one at 2 O’clock rotates the internal bezel; the one at 4 O’clock is the one for setting the time. They are a little small and hard to grip so will be increased in size in the final production watch. The bottom crown is signed with the Isotope “i”; the top has a coloured “teardrop” which is Isotope’s signature. You’ll also see the shape the 6 O’Clock marker and inset into the dial. I like the idea of the colour, but it didn’t quite work for me. I mistook it for the blue covering you get to protect the finish on chronograph pushers at first!

https://wristwatchreview.co.uk/isotope- ... eau-review

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Isotope Goutte d’Eau Review

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » June 19th 2019, 11:42am

Psychotrope Goat Dope? Whatever. I don't like it.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
Darksider
Founder
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Isotope Goutte d’Eau Review

Post by Darksider » August 12th 2019, 2:37pm

bbattle wrote:
August 12th 2019, 2:17pm
They didn't hit their goal; the watch project is canceled.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/is ... -t4BrPEqeA
One less micro out there that has no imagination.

"wound up halfway under a slab of cement in the Pentagon on 9/11. 17 surgeries over a 28-month period"
Iraq - "And don't you dare tell me it's bullshit; I was there, (Iraq) and I know what I saw.)"

Return to “Hail Britannia”