The Value Proposition - The Anordain Model 1

Watches with British & Commonwealth roots
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

The Value Proposition - The Anordain Model 1

Post by koimaster » April 10th 2019, 2:12pm

Coming out of the SIHH/Baselworld season, there's always a bit of fatigue when it comes to new watches. I've read so many press releases, seen so many brand presentations, and handled so many new (and only sort of new) watches over the last few months that it can become a bit of a blur. Everything runs together. But when I took delivery of a few watches from upstart brand Anordain right between the two trade shows, it was a little breath of fresh air. The aesthetic, the ideas, and the backstory all spoke to me and I knew I wanted to share them with you all.

Anordain is based in Glasgow, Scotland, and was founded with a pretty simple mantra: "the appeal of a good mechanical watch lies in its ability to operate independently of the modern world." With that in mind though, Anordain's watches don't feel overly nostalgic or backward looking. Instead, they reference the past in subtle ways while still appearing contemporary and different. Anordain's first watch, the aptly named Model 1, is an expression of these principles and one that's appealingly priced at just a hair over $1,300.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/anord ... roposition

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
bbattle
Facebook ID: 0

Re: The Value Proposition - The Anordain Model 1

Post by bbattle » August 12th 2019, 2:49pm

They look better on the anOrdain website. But then of course they would. The enameled dial is quite nice, the price is not so nice. Maybe I'm overlooking the free bottle of the Balvenie Portwood?

They sold out of their Model 1, despite Conjurer's best efforts at browbeating Invicta fans that somehow wandered off the reservation.

(off topic but it just hit me, is Invicta doing REAL watchmakers a service by at least whetting the horological appetites of hipster troglodytes that might otherwise spend the rest of their lives looking at their cellphones for confirmation of dinner time? Hopefully the quality-curious of the herd will venture out in search of new pastures and discover Hamilton, Sinn, Nomos, Omega? Can the ignorant be reborn?

Is Invicta a gateway drug or gateway to Hell?)

Return to “Hail Britannia”