Summer is the worst season

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
User avatar
smellody (Online)
Owner
Posts: 12119
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: OR
Contact:

Summer is the worst season

Post by smellody » June 20th 2024, 7:35pm

Now that it is summer in the northern hemisphere I want to rant about how much I hate summer. Summer is the worst only followed by spring.

It is too f'ing hot. It doesn't rain. All the idiots that live the sun tell you about how they love the sun.

It is too f'ing bright at 5:45 in the morning. It doesn't rain. It is too f'ing hot.

If you want sun, go on vacation or live elsewhere.

It sucks. I can't take off my skin.
User avatar
jason_recliner
ASSHAT
Posts: 10777
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Summer is the worst season

Post by jason_recliner » June 20th 2024, 8:17pm

Serious? It's 16 measly degrees here. I'm wearing two pairs of socks and my toes are still cold. Everything is muddy. I can't swim. I can't stand it. Please bring back summer! Or, at least Spring (summer when it's 42 is a bit too much, granted).
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
smellody (Online)
Owner
Posts: 12119
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: OR
Contact:

Re: Summer is the worst season

Post by smellody » June 20th 2024, 8:57pm

jason_recliner wrote:
June 20th 2024, 8:17pm
Serious? It's 16 measly degrees here. I'm wearing two pairs of socks and my toes are still cold. Everything is muddy. I can't swim. I can't stand it. Please bring back summer! Or, at least Spring (summer when it's 42 is a bit too much, granted).
I vote for you to have this shit all year round. I just spent two f'ing hours properly watering everything in this shit weather.

You can have it!
User avatar
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 9161
Joined: December 19th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Summer is the worst season

Post by Mark1 » June 20th 2024, 9:54pm

16 degrees is still over 60 here in the fahrenheit world (we call that spring in these parts). Will be golfing tomorrow but starting an hour earlier as it will reach mid 80s in the afternoon. I'll be sitting in the shade drinking beer by then.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
User avatar
smellody (Online)
Owner
Posts: 12119
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: OR
Contact:

Re: Summer is the worst season

Post by smellody » June 20th 2024, 10:26pm

Mark1 wrote:
June 20th 2024, 9:54pm
16 degrees is still over 60 here in the fahrenheit world (we call that spring in these parts). Will be golfing tomorrow but starting an hour earlier as it will reach mid 80s in the afternoon. I'll be sitting in the shade drinking beer by then.
See? It is too hot and gross out.
User avatar
conjurer (Online)
Owner
Posts: 35613
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Summer is the worst season

Post by conjurer » June 20th 2024, 11:01pm

smellody wrote:
June 20th 2024, 7:35pm
Now that it is summer in the northern hemisphere I want to rant about how much I hate summer. Summer is the worst only followed by spring.

It is too f'ing hot. It doesn't rain. All the idiots that live the sun tell you about how they love the sun.

It is too f'ing bright at 5:45 in the morning. It doesn't rain. It is too f'ing hot.

If you want sun, go on vacation or live elsewhere.

It sucks. I can't take off my skin.
Interestingly, here near Seattle sunrise tomorrow is 5:12 AM. Doesn't bother me a bit. Hell, I might go out tomorrow night to water my lawn with my cock and balls hanging out of my shorts, to get some fine late afternoon sun. (Sun sets tomorrow at 9:11 PM. I might even micturate on my roses.)
User avatar
smellody (Online)
Owner
Posts: 12119
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: OR
Contact:

Re: Summer is the worst season

Post by smellody » June 20th 2024, 11:07pm

conjurer wrote:
June 20th 2024, 11:01pm
smellody wrote:
June 20th 2024, 7:35pm
Now that it is summer in the northern hemisphere I want to rant about how much I hate summer. Summer is the worst only followed by spring.

It is too f'ing hot. It doesn't rain. All the idiots that live the sun tell you about how they love the sun.

It is too f'ing bright at 5:45 in the morning. It doesn't rain. It is too f'ing hot.

If you want sun, go on vacation or live elsewhere.

It sucks. I can't take off my skin.
Interestingly, here near Seattle sunrise tomorrow is 5:12 AM. Doesn't bother me a bit. Hell, I might go out tomorrow night to water my lawn with my cock and balls hanging out of my shorts, to get some fine late afternoon sun. (Sun sets tomorrow at 9:11 PM. I might even micturate on my roses.)
Jeabus! Woke much?
User avatar
smellody (Online)
Owner
Posts: 12119
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: OR
Contact:

Re: Summer is the worst season

Post by smellody » June 20th 2024, 11:13pm

smellody wrote:
June 20th 2024, 11:07pm
conjurer wrote:
June 20th 2024, 11:01pm
smellody wrote:
June 20th 2024, 7:35pm
Now that it is summer in the northern hemisphere I want to rant about how much I hate summer. Summer is the worst only followed by spring.

It is too f'ing hot. It doesn't rain. All the idiots that live the sun tell you about how they love the sun.

It is too f'ing bright at 5:45 in the morning. It doesn't rain. It is too f'ing hot.

If you want sun, go on vacation or live elsewhere.

It sucks. I can't take off my skin.
Interestingly, here near Seattle sunrise tomorrow is 5:12 AM. Doesn't bother me a bit. Hell, I might go out tomorrow night to water my lawn with my cock and balls hanging out of my shorts, to get some fine late afternoon sun. (Sun sets tomorrow at 9:11 PM. I might even micturate on my roses.)
Jeabus! Woke much?
Next you'll be baking cookies and knitting sweaters for your cat or kangaroo like ____.
User avatar
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 1741
Joined: May 23rd 2013, 10:00pm
Location: Too Far South, Floriduh
Contact:

Re: Summer is the worst season

Post by MAX » June 21st 2024, 4:15am

smellody wrote:
June 20th 2024, 7:35pm
.

It is too f'ing hot. It doesn't rain. All the idiots that live the sun tell you about how they love the sun.

It is too f'ing bright at 5:45 in the morning. It doesn't rain. It is too f'ing hot.

.

.
Have to agree with Smells on this. Hottest May on record here and June isnt shaping up much better. The humidity isnt helping any either. I hate hot weather anymore and I hate S. Florida but Im stuck here.
NRPI and Shitheel here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

If I am to be insulted I must first value your opinion.
User avatar
AlbertaTime (Online)
Master of Time
Posts: 4915
Joined: October 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Peace River, Alberta
Contact:

Re: Summer is the worst season

Post by AlbertaTime » June 21st 2024, 5:48am

Meanwhile, it was still light up here at 11:30PM, and will be again at about 4:30AM, and the temperatures are about 86F at the hottest. Clear blue skies, light breeze...
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
User avatar
jason_recliner
ASSHAT
Posts: 10777
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Summer is the worst season

Post by jason_recliner » June 21st 2024, 5:22pm

smellody wrote:
June 20th 2024, 8:57pm
I just spent two f'ing hours properly watering everything in this shit weather.
That's fair. We;ve just come out of drought, my garden was like a desert, several plants died. Putting irrigation in before next summer.

gerdson wrote:
June 21st 2024, 1:15pm
To me, summer is the wurst season.
Hehehehehe! Nice!
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
conjurer (Online)
Owner
Posts: 35613
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Summer is the worst season

Post by conjurer » June 21st 2024, 10:26pm

smellody wrote:
June 21st 2024, 7:27am
Also all the f'ing pollen. It's as trees indiscriminately gizz all over everything which gives f'ing asthma and covers my car with sticky yellow gizz. F'ing trees.
My allergies have been pretty bad this spring. And, I never even had seasonal allergies until about three or four years ago. I think this is due to the fucking trees getting back at us for clear-cutting the sumbitches. Or maybe they're mad about climate change--this is strange, because right now the cocksuckers are hoovering up CO2 like old Mort having dinner at Golden Corral, including a yummy cup of Sanka.
User avatar
ocean
Administrator
Posts: 3587
Joined: June 12th 2011, 10:00pm
Location: Daytona Beach
Contact:

Re: Summer is the worst season

Post by ocean » June 22nd 2024, 5:28am

Florida summer is becoming unbearable for me 90’s daily with 80-95% humidity. If it wasn’t for the fact that I live on the water it would be worse as the wind blowing off it helps a bit. Six months of hell for 6 months of livability. I hoping to sooner or later be a snow bird.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
Posts: 9974
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Summer is the worst season

Post by codguy » June 23rd 2024, 5:31am

Count me as a warm/hot weather lover----------after years of living in the heat of the mighty Sahara and in the jungles of two countries, heat doesn't bother me a bit.

My neighborhood was a ghost-town past two days, everyone cooped up in their houses while I was outside doing outdoor things (listening to my Apple iPhone through my Apple Airpods just to drown out the drone of air-conditioning compressors).
Gawd, what a bunch of nancys pussies.
smellody wrote:
June 20th 2024, 10:53pm
Anyone who likes summer is a quartz watch wearing, tesla driving, apple 🍎 phone using friend of Dorothy.
Quartz watches are fucking lame (only own one soulless digital), vehicles are all internal combustion , do own plenty of Apple products/stocks and don't know Dorothy but willing to meet her-------- is she fuckable?
.




Image


.
User avatar
WISenheimer
Posts: 124
Joined: May 6th 2024, 8:36am
Contact:

Re: Summer is the worst season

Post by WISenheimer » June 23rd 2024, 11:37am

smellody wrote:
June 22nd 2024, 9:51pm
WISenheimer wrote:
June 22nd 2024, 9:11pm
The most surprising thing about summer in Oregon is that such a thing even exists. As a typical outlander, I assumed it just rained or snowed year round.
I wish!
Another surprising thing is finding people hate the summer in Oregon. I find it idyllic.

Dewpoint as low as Phoenix Arizona, so no muggy humidity. Very low insect issues. No daily and life threatening thunderstorms/tornadoes. Really doesn’t warm up until afternoon, evening. Then temperature drops like a rock, making for great sleeping and cool, if not chilly, refreshing mornings.

Live in an old house that only has wall AC units and rarely, if ever, use them. Opening windows works for me and that is great because breathing AC isn't the greatest for health.

Only negative to me is wildfire smoke near the end of summer and that is pretty miserable. About the only time I run AC ever.

Lived in plenty of hot places and the only one that does warm weather better than Oregon is Hawaii in my experience. That is mostly due to trade winds providing a more consistent breeze.

Just my take, obviously that of others differs. When I first moved here, hearing locals complain about summer was confusing because I was thinking wow, what incredibly great summers. SoCal for three months.
User avatar
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 4215
Joined: August 7th 2014, 5:53pm
Contact:

Re: Summer is the worst season

Post by Nuvolari » June 24th 2024, 5:16pm

I don’t love this time of year, but the beach is always nice.

We’re going to drive out to the coast for lunch next week. Once we get home and the sun has set, it’s lovely outside. I just don’t like to be out there the same time as the sun. 🌞
IMG_7197.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

Image
Post Reply

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests