Lunchables Will Fuck You Up, Consumer Reports Sez

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
conjurer
Owner

Lunchables Will Fuck You Up, Consumer Reports Sez

Post by conjurer » April 9th 2024, 10:28pm

Lunchables apparently aren't (isn't) good for growing lads and lassies in these United States:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/consu ... 85e4&ei=36

A test of 12 store-bought versions of Lunchables and similar snack kits found “relatively high levels” of lead, cadmium and sodium

As if we didn't know that crackers and slices of processed American cheese food and bologna are probably unheathy. The thing I didn't realize is that this garbage is being fed to school children. Go figure.
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Re: Lunchables Will Fuck You Up, Consumer Reports Sez

Post by Nuvolari » April 9th 2024, 10:46pm

Kids can’t get their daily amount of lead from paint any longer, so it’s great they can get lead in the lunchables. They probably won’t be sold in California any longer - until the firm releases a super unleaded version, with twice the fat.
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

fatman
ASSHAT

Post by fatman » April 9th 2024, 11:09pm

Lunchables is pretty far down the list of “ fuck you up “ these days. Cricket protein, lab grown meat, toxic experimental “ vaccines “, 15 million “ newcomers “ invading the country. The pig lip, horse anus bologna sound pretty good compared to.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HF
conjurer
Owner

Post by conjurer » April 9th 2024, 11:30pm

Interestingly, my dad was involved with a University of Chicago deal to try to stop little kids in Shy-town from eating too much lead paint. His team, which had made NASA test packages for both Surveyor and Appollo, lost their federal funding after the moon landing, and so developed lead testing meters. They went into some of the worstest Chicago tenements to test for lead, and there was a lot of it. Not long after that they lost all their funding, since Chicago didn't want to admit that the lower-class kids of Shy were eating a shitload of lead paint, and he shifted into private business.
DocKlock
Senior Member & WIS

Post by DocKlock » April 10th 2024, 7:33am

Agree "Lunchables" are horrible for anyone to eat.
In regards to the USDA -- follow the money. Somebody had to make a buttload of cash on this one.
While I'm in the "grumpy old man" mode -- another thing I can't stand are the frozen PB & Jelly, crust less, 'sandwiches' available for kid's brown bag lunch. How can any parent be so lazy as to not make a real PB & J, crust and all for their kid?
Full disclosure -- I eat a PB & J about once a week; sometimes substitute raisins for the jelly. So I am an 'expert' on this subject. :roll:
WIStful

Post by WIStful » April 10th 2024, 7:43am

The lead-crime hypothesis proposes a causal relation between lead and crime to explain how crime rates rose then fell in tandem with the introduction then elimination of leaded gasoline.

This was first proposed around the turn of the century and has very solid statistical evidence beyond leaded gas and its era. For instance, it has been found that murder rates rose in 19th century rural areas when farmers switched from using milk paint to leaded paint on their barns.

Very solid consistent evidence, but if you google it and just skim the top results, it is all handwaving about how it has been “debunked”.

A lot of money on the table, would be like asbestos on mega steroids.

Digging in further, one finds that lead doesnt cause crime as a focused outcome, but rather it lowers inhibitions. So it also causes things like great music, colorful clothing and arcitecture, higher libido, and general extroversion, all things that have declined concurrent with decline in crime rates and leaded gasoline.

So a lot of todays trends, incel soibois attired in homeless heather listening to insipid music driving lookalike pod-cars, well QED.

There are other factors, most notably the Internet, but the roots of these trends precede widespread adoption of internet.

Been following this one for about 20 years, since it was first proposed. Even wikipedia allows that the hypothesis has very strong statistical support.

So it is a mixed bag. Nice that drive by shootings are a thing of the past but overall society was a lot more interesting in, say, the 1980s.

The Romans used lead not just in pipes, but also as a sweetener, notably in wine. Might be a contributing factor to the overall extravagance of their society although I have seen no research into that angle.

IMG_2940.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » April 10th 2024, 8:43am

Rumor has it that swallowing saliva in small doses over a long period of time causes cancer.

Nuvolari wrote:
April 9th 2024, 10:46pm
Kids can’t get their daily amount of lead from paint any longer, so it’s great they can get lead in the lunchables. They probably won’t be sold in California any longer - until the firm releases a super unleaded version, with twice the fat.
Bravo :bvbvbv:
fatman wrote:
April 9th 2024, 11:09pm
Lunchables is pretty far down the list of “ fuck you up “ these days. Cricket protein, lab grown meat, toxic experimental “ vaccines “, 15 million “ newcomers “ invading the country. The pig lip, horse anus bologna sound pretty good compared to.
THIS ^

jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » April 10th 2024, 5:11pm

I wouldn't feed my kids that crap except occasionally (deperate for a snack while we're on a road trip or something, maybe). Brain's developing, body's developing, they only get one shot at it, I want to give them the best opportunities for a happy, healthy, long life possible. My boy has a six-pack now but I tell him to look at his grandpas and uncle to see where he's headed if he doesn't look after himself and put the work in.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”