EAGLES

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

EAGLES

Post by smellody » October 31st 2022, 4:19pm

I just paid through the nose, but secured a pair of Eagles tickets. Pretty excited. Saw them a couple years ago and they were amazing.

Last week I saw The Who and the week before I saw Ringo again (last show before canceling the tour.)

Last month I saw Roger Waters. Only like his early stuff and Wall. He can stick his anarchist politics up his ass. I won't see him again if I was paid. . . ..

Beach Boys Last month too.

I like a good show.

At the Who concert, we were reassigned floor seats. Not bad since I had won the tickets. Then a couple saw their friends four seats away and offered me $50 to move four seats closer to show. I wanted him to be happy so I pocketed the Grant.
Last edited by smellody on October 31st 2022, 4:21pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAX

Re: EAGLES

Post by MAX » November 1st 2022, 4:45am

Smells, were you the youngest person at all those concerts?

Wouldnt go to a live concert today if I got in free and you paid me. Wait.................
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » November 1st 2022, 7:45am

Great job scoring the Eagles concert again!

Sorry, I could have warned you about Waters & his shows, was so disappointed at a concert he did locally in 2017. Last time for me. During that concert, Waters went on a which seemed like a 10-15 minute political rant-------- and did that on top of all his bullshit political graphics and props. Many people left.

Really hope David Gilmour can make his way back up to the pac-nw in the near future, I'm a huge fan of his.

Missed the Who concert in Seattle which played acouple of days after the Portland gig.
Should have found a way to have made it there.

Cecil:
If you are a fan of David Gilmour, here is a hour long rendition of Pink Floyds hit Marooned. No vocals, all Floyd.
Had it cranked up in the garage whilst doing a oil change on my mustang yesterday.

smellody

Post by smellody » November 1st 2022, 3:57pm

jason_recliner wrote:
November 1st 2022, 3:50pm
It's so annoying when musicians talk about Trump or Biden or Boris or whatever. We're paying to hear their music, not their (often clueless) thoughts on politics.
Yes, he was definitely an equal opportunity hater of any and everyone in authority. I'm sure he cries about it at night as he lays his head in one of his dozen mansions across the planet. Plank.

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”