RIP Killer

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
bobbee
ASSHAT

Re: RIP Killer

Post by bobbee » October 29th 2022, 12:47am

My buddy from South Carolina told me about going to buy a car in Georgia and the guy had this car, a 1958 Ford Skyliner hard top convertible.

ImageImage

He had the original contract signed by Jerry Lee Lewis, paying $100 a month for 12 months. He even had pics of him onstage with the car.

RIP Jerry.
All the children must be wondering; "Are we next?"
Ban guns.
MAX (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » October 29th 2022, 5:11am

Noooooooooo! Nobody could play a piano like JLL. One of the greats. I still remember all the words to "Great Balls Of Fire". Came out when I was a sophomore/junior in HS back before the English Invasion ruined music.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
MAX (Online)

Post by MAX » October 29th 2022, 5:40am

Whoops. Now they are saying he is still alive, an error in reporting. We will see.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
MAX (Online)

Post by MAX » October 29th 2022, 12:35pm

Gonna look for that CD of his greatest hits. May still have it. Like him or not he was up there with Little Richard, Chuck Berry and many others who were major influences on american music and rivals of Elvis who I really didnt care for much.
NRPI here.

Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » October 30th 2022, 10:34pm

Meh. Lewis was crazier than rose-thorn underwear.

The ‘boogie-woogie’ piano sound was made his own largely by jacking the tempo, but he did not invent fast piano. Chopin, who was a rock star in his day, played faster in more broad a range and without pounding.

Other than ‘the guy who married his teenage cousin’, he’s also ‘the guy who preferred to burn his piano in protest to opening for Chuck Berry’, who drew big crowds from (gasp!) even the white kids!

And as a white kid who saw Chuck Berry perform live I, too, thought he was cool as hell.

While he did serve time for violating a minor, armed robbery, and tax evasion Berry never had two wives die under mysterious circumstances.

May Jerry Lee Lewis Rest In Peace with the Father Of Rock-&-Roll, Chuck Berry - though, really, their destinations were most likely different.
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » October 30th 2022, 11:07pm

Nuvolari wrote:
October 30th 2022, 10:34pm
Meh. Lewis was crazier than rose-thorn underwear.

The ‘boogie-woogie’ piano sound was made his own largely by jacking the tempo, but he did not invent fast piano. Chopin, who was a rock star in his day, played faster in more broad a range and without pounding.

Other than ‘the guy who married his teenage cousin’, he’s also ‘the guy who preferred to burn his piano in protest to opening for Chuck Berry’, who drew big crowds from (gasp!) even the white kids!

And as a white kid who saw Chuck Berry perform live I, too, thought he was cool as hell.

While he did serve time for violating a minor, armed robbery, and tax evasion Berry never had two wives die under mysterious circumstances.

May Jerry Lee Lewis Rest In Peace with the Father Of Rock-&-Roll, Chuck Berry - though, really, their destinations were most likely different.
Both of them were pedo pieces of shit. I hope they are both rotting in a hellish equivalent of a maximum security prison without a 'protection' wing. Fuck them both, I'm glad they're dead. Hopefully their deaths were slow, painful and miserable, and ended with them shitting their adult diapers.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS

Post by DoctorIvey » October 31st 2022, 5:17am

The Killer was certainly flawed, but I would not be the first to cast a stone. The accusation “pedophile” gets thrown about quite cavalierly nowadays, but words have meanings and a pedophile is one who is sexually attracted to prepubescent children. All I’m saying is, SIR Elton John hisself expressed admiration for Jerry Lee Lewis. Times change but genius does not, and remember not long ago Elton would have been smugly labeled with various medical terms and the suggestion that he rot in hell, etc.
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » October 31st 2022, 5:51am

DoctorIvey wrote:
October 31st 2022, 5:17am
The Killer was certainly flawed, but I would not be the first to cast a stone. The accusation “pedophile” gets thrown about quite cavalierly nowadays, but words have meanings and a pedophile is one who is sexually attracted to prepubescent children. All I’m saying is, SIR Elton John hisself expressed admiration for Jerry Lee Lewis. Times change but genius does not, and remember not long ago Elton would have been smugly labeled with various medical terms and the suggestion that he rot in hell, etc.
Really? Would you be the second to cast a stone? Or third? Where exactly would you stand in line?

'Killer', or whatever the fuck deluded idiots call him, raped a child. Then went on to abuse several women. At what point then is it appropriate to call him out? It was a "different time", and at least he didn't go on a serial-killing rampage?

NO.

Fuck that piece of shit.

As for Sir Elton John... Where is the evidence he is a pedo? Or are you conflating his compliments to supporting a pedo?

I don't know if Elton John knew about Lewis. If he did, then shame on him, he should have been better and he's also a piece of shit for normalising child abuse.

There's no grey areas here. If you rape a child you are the worst of the worst and you deserve the worst of the worst.

FFS.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » October 31st 2022, 7:56am

I believe the Elton John reference was strictly due to the fact that a talented musician like Elton was once inspired by the way JLL had command of the keyboard. I get that. I feel differently but I understand the sentiment.

Also - nah, fuck you, Bubba - Chuck Berry was no JLL, so you can cram that ill-informed opinion right back up your ass where it came from.

Okay cheers guys!
Last edited by Nuvolari on October 31st 2022, 7:27pm, edited 1 time in total.
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

bobbee
ASSHAT

Post by bobbee » November 1st 2022, 2:37am

Elton John was influenced by Jerry so much, EJ's early style of hammering the ivories a la Crocodile Rock, he even copied the stool kicking. I know, I was leaning on the stage enthralled during a concert in Nottingham.
All the children must be wondering; "Are we next?"
Ban guns.
MAX (Online)

Post by MAX » November 1st 2022, 4:40am

Look at Chuck Berrys influence on "The Stones" and the Beatles. Dont like him or JLL, fine. Who were they and Elvis all influenced by? Blues Music. American music was great till late 63. I went into basic training then and when I came out the Beatles had ruined everything.

Listen on XRDS.FM, Clarksdale, Mississippi. You can even get it on the web down under.
NRPI here.

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”