Jurassic Park kicked ass

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
smellody (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Jurassic Park kicked ass

Post by smellody » June 14th 2022, 11:21pm

My new favorite movie! Kept me on the edge of my chair for 2.5 hours.

Over the last weekend caught up on the first five on my new Costco Sony clearance TV. I'll be purchasing this movie ASAP and watching it over and over again.

I've rekindled my dream to curate Ice Age Island. What could go wrong? Exactly. Sign me up!
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Jurassic Park kicked ass

Post by conjurer » June 16th 2022, 10:55pm

I watched the original not too long ago--I was surprised by how poorly it had aged. The effects were still good, but the whole kids-in-peril was tiresome and stupid.

Interestingly, I had heard somewhere that Steven Spielberg had almost phoned this one in, because Universal Studios said they would bankroll Schindler's List if he made it.

Jurassic Park was a good summer movie when I saw it so long ago; but, I've grown out of it. And, I haven't been able to bring myself to watch Schindler's List after the first time.
nimbleboy
Senior Member & WIS

Post by nimbleboy » June 17th 2022, 6:56am

conjurer wrote:
June 16th 2022, 10:55pm
And, I haven't been able to bring myself to watch Schindler's List after the first time.
Yeah... as a kid, the Nazi stuff in The Sound of Music made me really anxious. I always thought I'd watch Schindler's List when I got psyched up enough. Almost 30 years later, I still haven't seen it.
Is it safe?
smellody (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » June 17th 2022, 6:36pm

Hawk wrote:
June 16th 2022, 8:31pm
The critics aren’t liking it but that’s not going to dissuade me. It’s nostalgia with dinosaurs - not fuckin’ Schindler’s List.
I have theories why the academy doesn't like it. But I'll keep the politics and other brainwash out of it and just enjoy a great movie for what it is. . .and look forward to seeing it again on my own big ass TV.

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”