CBS are CHEAP BASTARDS

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
smellody (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

CBS are CHEAP BASTARDS

Post by smellody » June 3rd 2022, 1:25pm

Unwilling to pay the Magnum franchise fee, CBS dropped Magnum PI despite decent viewership.

They suck and can kiss my ass.

Magnum is the only non-History/Discovery/Travel Channel show I watch.

I looked forward to Friday nights.

SCREW you CBS. Cheap ass bastards.

Hopefully some other platform picks it up with enough sense to pay the franchising fee.

Dip shits.
smellody (Online)

Re: CBS are CHEAP BASTARDS

Post by smellody » June 3rd 2022, 2:48pm

bbattle wrote:
June 3rd 2022, 2:36pm
I think I've seen Magnum PI on DABL, if you get that channel. If I can find out what channel they keep running Columbo reruns on, that one would be a good bet to pick up Magnum PI.

Surprisingly, a lot of old westerns like Gunsmoke run on the Inspiration Channel.
Thanks. I have all the originals on DVD. I am talking about the new series of the last four years. . .
smellody (Online)

Post by smellody » June 3rd 2022, 6:18pm

DoctorIvey wrote:
June 3rd 2022, 5:46pm
Hey am I misremembering or didn’t Turd head wear one of those rings from the OG Magnum show that Franklin Mint hawked? Either way the thought of it cracks me up.
The gold cross of Lorraine ring?

Shithead has no right to wear that. That pisses me off.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » June 3rd 2022, 10:41pm

smellody wrote:
June 3rd 2022, 6:18pm
DoctorIvey wrote:
June 3rd 2022, 5:46pm
Hey am I misremembering or didn’t Turd head wear one of those rings from the OG Magnum show that Franklin Mint hawked? Either way the thought of it cracks me up.
The gold cross of Lorraine ring?

Shithead has no right to wear that. That pisses me off.
I myself recall this ring being worn on SNBC, or whatever the fuck it was called at the time. IIRC, this pissed off Alain something fucking fierce. I don't recall who wore the ring, but, naturally, if it was Michael Davits, as Jason Underscore called him, then it was either totally fucking awful, or somewhat funny, depending on one's point of view.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » June 3rd 2022, 10:55pm

smellody wrote:
June 3rd 2022, 1:25pm
Unwilling to pay the Magnum franchise fee, CBS dropped Magnum PI despite decent viewership.

They suck and can kiss my ass.

Magnum is the only non-History/Discovery/Travel Channel show I watch.

I looked forward to Friday nights.

SCREW you CBS. Cheap ass bastards.

Hopefully some other platform picks it up with enough sense to pay the franchising fee.

Dip shits.
I haven't watched a major network show since NBC canceled Homicide: Life On the Streets in, like, 1999. It showed, in very realistic Cinéma vérité style, murder squad detectives in Baltimore (filmed on location!) coxing confessions of murderous jerkoffs in The Box. The best actor of the series was Andre Braugher, who played Frank Pembleton, a brainy cop who was loathe to use his gun. In one of the very first episodes he was trying to get a young, stupid hooligan to cop to a killing, telling him: "The next guy in here will be an assistant DA, a white man in a three piece suit, with a license to kill."

Needless to say, he got the confession. Alas, of Magnum PI, I never saw an episode of the original series, or the remake. I'm sure, due to my respect of Herr Doktor Smells, that they were very good, and it was my own loss in not viewing them.
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » June 4th 2022, 1:46pm

codguy wrote:
June 4th 2022, 6:40am
You can get CBS from a OTA antenna no??

I'm also a cheap bastard, I finally ended up paying for a streaming television service (slingTV) -------- because NHRA drag racing is only televised on foxsports.
I got one of those antennas; can pick up 28 local channels but several are some sort of local access stuff.

I pay GCN+ for Eurosport so I can watch all the pro cycling. I got my wife a Discovery+ subscription so she can watch all their stuff. I think that package is over 50 channels though, as usual, we won't be watching most of them. We also have Netflix. Still haven't canceled cable because I don't have a way to watch SEC football without it. yet.

I had no idea there was a new Magnum PI; I enjoyed the first one. Kept waiting for the "lads" to tear some burglar to pieces.

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”