Vietnam Veterans Day

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
koimaster
Founder

Vietnam Veterans Day

Post by koimaster » March 29th 2022, 9:32am

Celebrated every March 29, Vietnam Veterans Day is set aside as a day for Americans to honor the courage and sacrifice of those who served in the Vietnam War.

Military.com honors the selfless service of Vietnam veterans from the Coast Guard, Air Force, Army, Navy and Marine Corps.

https://www.vietnamwar50th.com/

https://www.vietnamwar50th.com/about/vi ... lapel_pin/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I received mine some time back, a couple of years ago I think. Have never worn it but it was a freebie from unca sam. :mrgreen:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Vietnam Veterans Day

Post by MAX » March 29th 2022, 10:20am

Got mine also. A freebie that only cost me 4 years YMMV and also never worn. I dont feel right about wearing it as I only consider myself a Vietnam ERA Veteran and not one who went to VN although I did volunteer at least twice not counting in a round about way helicopter pilot school. Should be some distinction.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
koimaster
Founder

Re: Vietnam Veterans Day

Post by koimaster » March 29th 2022, 2:35pm

codguy wrote:
March 29th 2022, 12:16pm
MAX wrote:
March 29th 2022, 10:20am
I only consider myself a Vietnam ERA Veteran and not one who went to VN. Should be some distinction.
Same thing my older brother said when I discussed the pin.

He did his time flying over country doing his thing from inside B-52 cockpits.

your brother and Max did not miss much. :sarc: it was a dirty war, not like the movies, noise, dirt, blood, insects, jungle rot and too much corruption by the ARVN. Too many rules of engagement. As far as your brother goes, you do know that those Buffs went through SAMS and AAA right? I know a couple of old men that flew SEAD missons flying the F4 wild weasels. Crazy guys in fact. One of them told me that Buff flights were boring for the most part as only a few ever got knocked out for the sky. 10, maybe 15 went down? My beef with the SOBs would be they would drop their load if they still had anything left. Seldom ever checked to see if any friendlies were nearby.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”