Mary cHristmess!

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
gerdson
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Mary cHristmess!

Post by gerdson » December 24th 2021, 4:46am

Revered fellow watchlords,

I do wish You All a Merry Christmas. Don't drink and drive.

Myself, I have a roast in the oven, a special cut of beef from the last part of the back, just ahead the hiney. I have added a lot of Christmas spices, some redwine and broth and plan to add some dark chocolate when making the sauce. It is currently in the oven at only 250 Fahrenheit, I hope that will work out.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Mary cHristmess!

Post by bbattle » December 24th 2021, 6:40am

Hmmmm, sounds wonderful.

I'll be building a nice fire in the pit out in the backyard so we can roast hotdogs and marshmallows. I think tomorrow will be the big feast but I never get my orders until the last minute. She Who Must Be Obeyed has it all under control.
Datsun240Z71
Founding Member - WIS

Post by Datsun240Z71 » December 24th 2021, 7:28am

Just loaded up the car for the annual trek to celebrate Christmas with my wife's family in Gates (of Hell), Tennessee, population 450 (that's optimistic IMO). About 2.5 hours from Nashville. My celebration will be tomorrow when we leave to come home. Love her family (most of them), hate where they live (intensely). Hope the flashing red light's working on the way out of town. Could otherwise be gridlock trying to leave.

Merry Christmas to all. Stay well and safe.
Randy in Nashville
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » December 24th 2021, 9:06am

I have the standing rib roast dry curing in the fridge. I'll be picking up a fellow employee who has no local family tomorrow to join us for eating prime rib (he's already had COVID and three shots, so he's probably the safest fucker to welcome into our home.)

We're looking at dropping temperatures here in the PacNW, with lowland snow probable for Christmas night, so I'll probably be calling out for work on Sunday. All together, I might have a four day weekend!!

So, Merry Christmas to all the Lords and their family and pals. And remember, if you have to drink and drive, make sure you first gulp down a big cup of black coffee!
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » December 24th 2021, 3:59pm

Merry Christmas everybody! Hope your day is full of fun, festivities, family and food. Lots and lots of food!

Gerdson and Conjurer, sounds like amazing meat. Make sure you leave enough time to rest it!

Starting the day over here with lobster scrambled eggs dusted with cured blue fin tuna heart, with a side of asparagus topped with truffle pecorino.
Yesterday we roasted a porchetta, for later today. And I should probably eat some salad or something at some point.

Christmas! EFF yeah!!!
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » December 25th 2021, 6:03am

Very simple, quiet Christmas dinner. Skewers of WA king prawns (marinated in garlic and chili), peppers and red onion, done on the griddle. And a slice of porchetta.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”