Colin Powell - RIP

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
koimaster (Online)
Founder

Colin Powell - RIP

Post by koimaster » October 18th 2021, 6:40am

No politics in this matter. General Powell also had blood cancer called multiple myeloma which weakens your immune system.

(CNN)Colin Powell, the first Black US secretary of state whose leadership in several Republican administrations helped shape American foreign policy in the last years of the 20th century and the early years of the 21st, has died from complications from Covid-19, his family said on Facebook. He was 84.

"General Colin L. Powell, former U.S. Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, passed away this morning due to complications from Covid 19," the Powell family wrote on Facebook, noting he was fully vaccinated.
"We have lost a remarkable and loving husband, father, grandfather and a great American," they said.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/18/politics ... index.html

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster (Online)
Founder

Re: Colin Powell - RIP

Post by koimaster » October 18th 2021, 4:13pm

"Don't say no and don't feel sorry for me, for god's sakes. I'm (almost) 85 years old," Powell said after telling Woodward about battling multiple myeloma for nearly two years. "I haven't lost a day of life fighting these two diseases. I'm in good shape."
Powell, the first Black US secretary of state and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, died Monday from complications from Covid-19 at the age of 84. Multiple myeloma, a cancer of plasma cells, suppresses the body's immune response. He also had Parkinson's.

Powell continued: "I've taken lots of exams and I get there on my own. I drive up in my Corvette, get out of the Corvette and go into the hospital. I also go to a clinic to get the blood tests taken. I don't advertise it, I don't make an announcement about it, but most of my friends know it."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/18/politics ... index.html

CNN obtained audio of Woodward's July 12 phone interview with Powell for Woodward's latest book on former President Donald Trump, "Peril."

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by 3Flushes » October 18th 2021, 4:21pm

Folks can live many years with multiple myeloma - friend of the family 12 + years, but the disease and treatments suppress the immune system.

A great American.

RIP
Last edited by 3Flushes on October 19th 2021, 3:42pm, edited 1 time in total.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2021 3flushes Media.^^^
bedlam
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bedlam » October 18th 2021, 5:39pm

He may have been a decent man on balance but his dishonour around Iraq is a stain on his life. His lies contributed to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and to the deaths of his own countrymen who provided military service in the Iraq war. To his credit he admitted these actions were the greatest regret of his life.

RIP
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
Capitalism: a cult that promised to do good for the worst reasons.
Nationalism: a profound longing to go back to a past that never existed.
Nuvolari (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » October 19th 2021, 8:56am

Zero shits are given for the collateral damage caused by a dictator’s missteps.

Zero shits are given for the opinions of citizens from a far away criminal-dump continent.

And there is ZERO dishonor for one of the most honorable Americans to ever serve our nation:
A great but fallible man who did his best, a great leader, and -gasp!- of all things - a moderate!

RIP Sir.
Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers...

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”