From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
smellody (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Lunch with the Lords

Post by smellody » July 30th 2021, 8:36pm

Mark1 wrote:
July 30th 2021, 8:29pm
Well, this thread has gone a little off the rails. This itself is nothing new to Watchlords, though. I like the idea of a wider area gtg, but it would probably be a lot easier to setup post covid. Local travel restrictions-let alone international ones, could muddy up the works significantly.
Just get an international flyinglisense!
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by Mark1 » July 30th 2021, 8:45pm

smellody wrote:
July 30th 2021, 8:36pm
Mark1 wrote:
Well, this thread has gone a little off the rails. This itself is nothing new to Watchlords, though. I like the idea of a wider area gtg, but it would probably be a lot easier to setup post covid. Local travel restrictions-let alone international ones, could muddy up the works significantly.
I can fly international now. The problem is the paperwork. Land in Canada to clear customs now and you may be quarantined for 14 days.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » July 30th 2021, 8:49pm

Tomorrow's Peace River high: 35°C/95°F

But around June 21st...oh, it''s wonderful here, and civil twilight or brighter from 4AM to about 11:40PM.

Unless you like brutal cold. That's anywhere from Hallowe'en to about Mid-march.

Welcome!! Great restaurants, friendly bars, good cheap hooch (& legal green) and...

Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » July 30th 2021, 10:05pm

Mark1 wrote:
July 30th 2021, 8:45pm
smellody wrote:
July 30th 2021, 8:36pm
Mark1 wrote:
I can fly international now. The problem is the paperwork. Land in Canada to clear customs now and you may be quarantined for 14 days.
August 9 is no quarantine for US citizens and legal residents. I should have noted that the news release was July 19 so it’s relatively new.

Caveat: The August 9 date is restricted to vaccinated folks.
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » July 31st 2021, 4:47am

conjurer wrote:
July 30th 2021, 10:51pm
I might have some trouble with my numerous sexual felonies getting into Canada.
Yep, that ankle bracelet is a dead give away.

Mark1 wrote:
I like the idea of a wider area gtg, but it would probably be a lot easier to setup post covid. Local travel restrictions-let alone international ones, could muddy up the works significantly.
Yep, it is the reason I have postponed my international travels..... for fear of being stuck there for a longer duration than planned due to covid restrictions of either country.
Lucky for me I have wonderful house sitters.

And nothing is stopping members from showing up at one of our PacNW gatherings. I know hawk flew in from the eastcoast for one.

1) If the vaccines are effective, why do the vaccinated need to be protected from the unvaccinated?
And
2) If the vaccines are not effective, then why should the unvaccinated get one?

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”