Lunch with the Lords

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
User avatar
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 8536
Joined: December 19th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Lunch with the Lords

Post by Mark1 » July 27th 2021, 4:38pm

Just got back home from lunch with conjurer and codguy. There was a minor snafu, in that the place we met was closed. I talked with a local and got a recommendation for another Mexican joint three exits north. So there we went. The food was good and the company better. Codguy brought along a shitheel Breitling Blackbird Chronograph. Conjurer showed up with his new Sinn U50. Me, I brought along my old Revue Thommen pilot chrono. So it was two beauties and a beast but they let me sit with them anyway. Two true gents. Thanks for the visit. Thanks again cod for picking up the check, next one is on me.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
User avatar
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
Posts: 4158
Joined: October 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Peace River, Alberta
Contact:

Re: Lunch with the Lords

Post by AlbertaTime » July 27th 2021, 5:57pm

conjurer wrote:
July 27th 2021, 5:49pm
jason_recliner wrote:
July 27th 2021, 5:35pm
Great pics!
What? You don't see 'em? There's, like, a dozen at the end of Mark's post!
Yep, taken with the Emperor's New Digital Camera.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
Posts: 8363
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Lunch with the Lords

Post by codguy » July 27th 2021, 11:50pm

Nice pics ^ as usual Mark.

Nothing better than a week day lunch an hour from home with two good friends!
Hopefully next time conjurer will do a better job selecting an open restaurant (joking, this was my bad).
Good time as usual, thanks guys.


I just got home, swung by another friend's place on the way back and visited while he wrenched on his latest toy (factory 427ci, 4-speed, Merc Cyclone).
Gawd I enjoy being retired.
.

1) If the vaccines are effective, why do the vaccinated need to be protected from the unvaccinated?
And
2) If the vaccines are not effective, then why should the unvaccinated get one?

.
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 17890
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Lunch with the Lords

Post by TemerityB » July 28th 2021, 8:10pm

One day we gotta do a broad-based WLGT. Not like the old WGGTs - which featured sack races, fits sammiches, and a bunch of t-shirt-wearing Cro-magnon pant loads sporting Chinese-assembled watches the size of Fiat tires, and guest appearances by otherwise unemployable ShopNBC "hosts" - but an opportunity for more of us to break bread. Or, at least, balls.

Someday I really would savor the opportunity to lift a mug in your general directions. Someday.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 33071
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Lunch with the Lords

Post by conjurer » July 28th 2021, 10:17pm

TemerityB wrote:
July 28th 2021, 8:10pm
One day we gotta do a broad-based WLGT. Not like the old WGGTs - which featured sack races, fits sammiches, and a bunch of t-shirt-wearing Cro-magnon pant loads sporting Chinese-assembled watches the size of Fiat tires, and guest appearances by otherwise unemployable ShopNBC "hosts" - but an opportunity for more of us to break bread. Or, at least, balls.

Someday I really would savor the opportunity to lift a mug in your general directions. Someday.
One day. One day I'll board a plane and fly to NYC and be proud to break bread and balls with any member there.
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
Posts: 8363
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Lunch with the Lords

Post by codguy » July 29th 2021, 8:53am

TemerityB wrote:
July 28th 2021, 8:10pm
One day we gotta do a broad-based WLGT.
Okay, I vote for one in Tulsa OK, with all of us camping out at kevco's place. Logic is; since Oklahoma is considered flyover country and so easily accessible for those on both coasts and parts in between...... it only makes sense. :mrgreen:

Though I was looking forward to gunny-sack racing, I can leave the burlap behind.
What says you Kev? You got room for a dozen or more Lords?










joking
.

1) If the vaccines are effective, why do the vaccinated need to be protected from the unvaccinated?
And
2) If the vaccines are not effective, then why should the unvaccinated get one?

.
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 33071
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Lunch with the Lords

Post by conjurer » July 29th 2021, 9:55pm

codguy wrote:
July 29th 2021, 8:53am
TemerityB wrote:
July 28th 2021, 8:10pm
One day we gotta do a broad-based WLGT.
Okay, I vote for one in Tulsa OK, with all of us camping out at kevco's place. Logic is; since Oklahoma is considered flyover country and so easily accessible for those on both coasts and parts in between...... it only makes sense. :mrgreen:

Though I was looking forward to gunny-sack racing, I can leave the burlap behind.
What says you Kev? You got room for a dozen or more Lords?










joking
Does Tulsa even have an airport? Dang, I just googled it, and they, indeed, do have one. The rates from Seatac seem pretty cheap, too. Then, I googled "what to do in Tulsa," and nothing came up. But, if Mr. kevco is willing to mop up our vomit, let the good times roll!
User avatar
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 8032
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: OR
Contact:

Re: Lunch with the Lords

Post by smellody » July 29th 2021, 10:03pm

conjurer wrote:
July 29th 2021, 9:55pm
codguy wrote:
July 29th 2021, 8:53am
TemerityB wrote:
July 28th 2021, 8:10pm
One day we gotta do a broad-based WLGT.
Okay, I vote for one in Tulsa OK, with all of us camping out at kevco's place. Logic is; since Oklahoma is considered flyover country and so easily accessible for those on both coasts and parts in between...... it only makes sense. :mrgreen:

Though I was looking forward to gunny-sack racing, I can leave the burlap behind.
What says you Kev? You got room for a dozen or more Lords?










joking
Does Tulsa even have an airport? Dang, I just googled it, and they, indeed, do have one. The rates from Seatac seem pretty cheap, too. Then, I googled "what to do in Tulsa," and nothing came up. But, if Mr. kevco is willing to mop up our vomit, let the good times roll!
Appears that local tax on alcohol (1.75 liter) is low.

"Oklahoma's general sales tax of 4.5% also applies to the purchase of liquor. In Oklahoma, liquor vendors are responsible for paying a state excise tax of $5.56 per gallon, plus Federal excise taxes, for all liquor sold."

Count me in!
   Image
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
Posts: 8363
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Lunch with the Lords

Post by codguy » July 30th 2021, 6:29am

Hey, they have a Best Western and a Air National Guard commissary (cheaper booze?).

I've got dibs on the co-pilot seat if Mark1 takes his airplane..............
.

1) If the vaccines are effective, why do the vaccinated need to be protected from the unvaccinated?
And
2) If the vaccines are not effective, then why should the unvaccinated get one?

.
User avatar
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 8032
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: OR
Contact:

Re: Lunch with the Lords

Post by smellody » July 30th 2021, 9:02am

codguy wrote:
July 30th 2021, 6:29am
Hey, they have a Best Western and a Air National Guard commissary (cheaper booze?).

I've got dibs on the co-pilot seat if Mark1 takes his airplane..............
I'll kick in gas money. I have a ziplock full of nickels.
   Image
User avatar
Hawk (Online)
ASSHAT
Posts: 10641
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: Lunch with the Lords

Post by Hawk » July 30th 2021, 9:34am

If we’re taking nominations we could consider Peace River deep in the wilds of Canada. There’s an actual horological museum there.

And the weather would remind me of little of Longview minus the junkies. There’s even hotels nearby. We could substitute drunken curling for sack races.
User avatar
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 8032
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: OR
Contact:

Re: Lunch with the Lords

Post by smellody » July 30th 2021, 11:41am

Hawk wrote:
July 30th 2021, 9:34am
If we’re taking nominations we could consider Peace River deep in the wilds of Canada. There’s an actual horological museum there.

And the weather would remind me of little of Longview minus the junkies. There’s even hotels nearby. We could substitute drunken curling for sack races.
How cheap is the Jack? (Asking for a friend (conjurer))
   Image
User avatar
Hawk (Online)
ASSHAT
Posts: 10641
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: Lunch with the Lords

Post by Hawk » July 30th 2021, 3:53pm

Co-worker got stabbed in Kansas City and that left a bad impression. Admittedly I don’t know which Kansas City it was and now that I’m recalling the incident he may well have needed to get stabbed or at least deserved it.
User avatar
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 8536
Joined: December 19th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Lunch with the Lords

Post by Mark1 » July 30th 2021, 8:29pm

Well, this thread has gone a little off the rails. This itself is nothing new to Watchlords, though. I like the idea of a wider area gtg, but it would probably be a lot easier to setup post covid. Local travel restrictions-let alone international ones, could muddy up the works significantly.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Post Reply

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DocKlock, svaglic and 1 guest