Changes in yourself

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
koimaster (Online)
Founder

Changes in yourself

Post by koimaster » July 12th 2021, 11:32pm

3DABD758-D4E5-4B48-A002-709124A1905C.jpeg

I asked a friend who has crossed 70 & is heading towards 80 what sort of changes he is feeling in himself? He sent me the following:

1 After loving my parents, my siblings, my spouse, my children and my friends, I have now started loving myself.

2 I have realized that I am not “Atlas”. The world does not rest on my shoulders.

3 I have stopped bargaining with vegetable & fruit vendors. A few pennies more is not going to break me, but it might help the poor fellow save for his daughter’s school fees.

4 I leave my waitress a big tip. The extra money might bring a smile to her face. She is toiling much harder for a living than I am.

5 I stopped telling the elderly that they've already narrated that story many times. The story makes them walk down memory lane & relive their past.

6 I have learned not to correct people even when I know they are wrong. The onus of making everyone perfect is not on me. Peace is more precious than perfection.

7 I give compliments freely & generously. Compliments are a mood enhancer not only for the recipient, but also for me. And a small tip for the recipient of a compliment, never, NEVER turn it down, just say "Thank You.”

8 I have learned not to bother about a crease or a spot on my shirt. Personality speaks louder than appearances.

9 I walk away from people who don't value me. They might not know my worth, but I do.

10 I remain cool when someone plays dirty to outrun me in the rat race. I am not a rat & neither am I in any race.

11 I am learning not to be embarrassed by my emotions. It’s my emotions that make me human.

12 I have learned that it's better to drop the ego than to break a relationship. My ego will keep me aloof, whereas with relationships, I will never be alone.

13 I have learned to live each day as if it's the last. After all, it might be the last.

14 I am doing what makes me happy. I am responsible for my happiness, and I owe it to myself. Happiness is a choice. You can be happy at any time, just choose to be!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Hawk
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Changes in yourself

Post by Hawk » July 13th 2021, 7:21am

My grandfather’s face is in the bathroom mirror. Weird.

Oh, and it’s really annoying if a restaurant gives me a senior discount without asking. Especially when the same server carded my wife.
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » July 13th 2021, 7:57am

Two thoughts:
1. The older I get, the more I understand that it's OK to live a life that others don't understand.
2. The only beings I choose to answer to are the Lord God and my lady wife.

I'm not sure either of those are actually changes.
"Open the pod bay door HAL."
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Pubbie » July 14th 2021, 1:20am

It's impressive to to able to rise about being so patronised and hated; more strength of character than I'll ever enjoy. After all, here in Britain, young, vibrant nazis want the elderly to be disenfranchised as "punishment for Brexit". I guess they think they're a "drag on the state"!

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/health/ ... ws-2487452

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/y ... ting-leave

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpoli ... er-brexit/

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-n ... e-17173951

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”