Changes in yourself

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
koimaster
Founder

Changes in yourself

Post by koimaster » July 12th 2021, 11:32pm

3DABD758-D4E5-4B48-A002-709124A1905C.jpeg

I asked a friend who has crossed 70 & is heading towards 80 what sort of changes he is feeling in himself? He sent me the following:

1 After loving my parents, my siblings, my spouse, my children and my friends, I have now started loving myself.

2 I have realized that I am not “Atlas”. The world does not rest on my shoulders.

3 I have stopped bargaining with vegetable & fruit vendors. A few pennies more is not going to break me, but it might help the poor fellow save for his daughter’s school fees.

4 I leave my waitress a big tip. The extra money might bring a smile to her face. She is toiling much harder for a living than I am.

5 I stopped telling the elderly that they've already narrated that story many times. The story makes them walk down memory lane & relive their past.

6 I have learned not to correct people even when I know they are wrong. The onus of making everyone perfect is not on me. Peace is more precious than perfection.

7 I give compliments freely & generously. Compliments are a mood enhancer not only for the recipient, but also for me. And a small tip for the recipient of a compliment, never, NEVER turn it down, just say "Thank You.”

8 I have learned not to bother about a crease or a spot on my shirt. Personality speaks louder than appearances.

9 I walk away from people who don't value me. They might not know my worth, but I do.

10 I remain cool when someone plays dirty to outrun me in the rat race. I am not a rat & neither am I in any race.

11 I am learning not to be embarrassed by my emotions. It’s my emotions that make me human.

12 I have learned that it's better to drop the ego than to break a relationship. My ego will keep me aloof, whereas with relationships, I will never be alone.

13 I have learned to live each day as if it's the last. After all, it might be the last.

14 I am doing what makes me happy. I am responsible for my happiness, and I owe it to myself. Happiness is a choice. You can be happy at any time, just choose to be!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Hawk
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Changes in yourself

Post by Hawk » July 13th 2021, 7:21am

My grandfather’s face is in the bathroom mirror. Weird.

Oh, and it’s really annoying if a restaurant gives me a senior discount without asking. Especially when the same server carded my wife.
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » July 13th 2021, 7:57am

Two thoughts:
1. The older I get, the more I understand that it's OK to live a life that others don't understand.
2. The only beings I choose to answer to are the Lord God and my lady wife.

I'm not sure either of those are actually changes.
"Leiden oder Triumphieren - Amboss oder Hammer sein!"

Goethe
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Pubbie » July 14th 2021, 1:20am

It's impressive to to able to rise about being so patronised and hated; more strength of character than I'll ever enjoy. After all, here in Britain, young, vibrant nazis want the elderly to be disenfranchised as "punishment for Brexit". I guess they think they're a "drag on the state"!

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/health/ ... ws-2487452

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/y ... ting-leave

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpoli ... er-brexit/

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-n ... e-17173951

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”