Oscar Meyer Bullshit

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Oscar Meyer Bullshit

Post by conjurer » June 14th 2021, 11:06pm

The fuck is this shit?

Every time I see this commercial I get more pissed off. It makes no fucking sense. Why do half the choir wear the uniforms of the Royal fucking Infantry of fucking Bhutan? Why are they acting like motherfucking cats at the end of the fucking commercial? What the fuck am I missing? I see this commercial all the fucking time, and each time I get more pissed off.

A friend of mine bought a house in the Chicago suburbs because--wait for it--the guy who built it penned the original Oscar Meyer theme song--Oh, I wish I was an Oscar Meyer weiner!. No shit. He was interested in it before, but when the realtor told him that, badda-bing! he closed the sale. That was how iconic--and how fucking stupid my pal was--the Oscar Meyer song was.

And yet, here we have this bullshit commercial. A few moments before there was a commercial on CNN that advertised some kid riding a fucking dragon, for some bullshit coding school online. Now, I don't know shit about fucking coding, and I could literally not give a fuck. So, that's OK. I don't know what the fuck they're talking about, etc. OK, Boomer.

But I fucking know Oscar Meyer wieners. I fucking grew up on that shit. But this commercial blows so fucking badly that I will tell everybody who listens to me--admittedly, a small number of folks--to not fucking buy this particular hot dog. I mean, they're fucking shit anyway.

Fuck Oscar Meyer. To steal a line from Late Week Tonight on HBO, Don Draper would put out his cigarette on your forehead if you pitched this idea to him.
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Oscar Meyer Bullshit

Post by DoctorIvey » June 15th 2021, 4:18am

Well, at least there were no actors in the commercial who look like Don Draper (I.e. traditional straight clean shaven, non-tatted Caucasian male). This group passes mustard as it is more colorful than a Benneton commercial and the camera featured the darker actors. And, as you said, there’s that Bhutan thing. If only a couple of same sex actors would have made out or an inter racial couple lovingly shared a foot long slathered in Mayo, it would take Ballpark ages to ketchup. And they nearly broke out in dance, which is bonus points. Still, no mention of changing the world, so points off for that. I don’t want to boast but I really think most ad men are asleep at the wheel whereas I am quite, ahem, woke. I would relish the opportunity to prove it by penning my own commercial. Perhaps for Glycine. Does anyone know if Jason Taylor is busy this summer?
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by MAX » June 15th 2021, 4:29am

Never saw it or the kid on the dragon but then again I never watch CNN.

Lots of commercials these day leave you wondering what they were selling.

In the words of the immortal George Carlin; "Its all bullshit and its bad for ya".
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
Datsun240Z71 (Online)
Founding Member - WIS

Post by Datsun240Z71 » June 15th 2021, 5:45am

Cringeworthy effort from Oscar for certain.

Would it be a crime to strangle Doug and his ostrich from the Liberty Mutual commercials, and then entire "cast" of the Progessive Insurance commercials starting with Flo (but not the Dr. Rick) ones? They seem to be on every commercial break on all channels.
Randy in Nashville
Mark1

Post by Mark1 » June 15th 2021, 7:12am

Obviously, your white privilege precludes you from appreciating a more equitable, inclusive hot dog commercial. Used to be Oscar Mayer ads appealed to the kiddos who would pester mom (how misogynistic is that?) to buy the tubes of meat and meat-like scraps. That shit don't fly no more. Now it's hard to see who they are trying to sell what to.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » June 15th 2021, 7:26am

I wouldn't buy Oscar Mayer weiners in any case. I prefer a dorg in a natural casing - specifically a Dietz and Watson (a regional brand equivalent or superior to Boar's Head) Black Forest 8 count wiener - or better yet, handmade natural casing dorgs from Rieker's Prime Meats (a local traditional German butcher/deli). It's the "snap" of biting into that natural casing that appeals. As a matter of fact, the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile was parked at my local supermarket a couple of weeks ago. The genial spokesman offered me coupons for free OM wieners redeemable immediately at that store, but I declined - I did however take the free wiener whistle.
"Leiden oder Triumphieren - Amboss oder Hammer sein!"

Goethe
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » June 15th 2021, 8:11am

DoctorIvey wrote:
June 15th 2021, 4:18am
Well, at least there were no actors in the commercial who look like Don Draper (I.e. traditional straight clean shaven, non-tatted Caucasian male). This group passes mustard as it is more colorful than a Benneton commercial and the camera featured the darker actors. And, as you said, there’s that Bhutan thing. If only a couple of same sex actors would have made out or an inter racial couple lovingly shared a foot long slathered in Mayo, it would take Ballpark ages to ketchup. And they nearly broke out in dance, which is bonus points. Still, no mention of changing the world, so points off for that. I don’t want to boast but I really think most ad men are asleep at the wheel whereas I am quite, ahem, woke. I would relish the opportunity to prove it by penning my own commercial. Perhaps for Glycine. Does anyone know if Jason Taylor is busy this summer?
This is quite clever, Herr Doktor. And not one fucking swear word!!

**(@
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS

Post by DoctorIvey » June 15th 2021, 9:02am

Mark1 wrote:
June 15th 2021, 7:12am
Obviously, your white privilege precludes you from appreciating a more equitable, inclusive hot dog commercial. Used to be Oscar Mayer ads appealed to the kiddos who would pester mom (how misogynistic is that?) to buy the tubes of meat and meat-like scraps. That shit don't fly no more. Now it's hard to see who they are trying to sell what to.
Mom? MOM??!!!! Methinks you mean birth person.
Mark1

Post by Mark1 » June 15th 2021, 10:47am

DoctorIvey wrote:
June 15th 2021, 9:02am
Mark1 wrote:
June 15th 2021, 7:12am
Mom? MOM??!!!! Methinks you mean birth person.
You are correct, (if you is an acceptable pronoun). See you at the reeducation camp.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
smellody (Online)

Post by smellody » June 15th 2021, 11:19am

I learned a new word in this new world of weirdness.

Authentic.

School District is using it to uplift the individual meaningful contribution of everyone.

When I went to school you have NO voice or position until you are qualified and credentialed.

Now everyone one is the same and everyone's opinion, regardless of how STUPID, if valid and "authentic."

Keeping it real I guess.... but what the FUCK???
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » June 15th 2021, 11:54am

smellody wrote:
June 15th 2021, 11:19am

Authentic.

School District is using it to uplift the individual meaningful contribution of everyone.

When I went to school you have NO voice or position until you are qualified and credentialed.

Now everyone one is the same and everyone's opinion, regardless of how STUPID, if valid and "authentic."

...and everyone gets a trophy.
"Leiden oder Triumphieren - Amboss oder Hammer sein!"

Goethe
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS

Post by DoctorIvey » June 15th 2021, 12:31pm

You are correct, (if you is an acceptable pronoun). See you at the reeducation camp.
[/quote]

I shall look forward to it with lively enthusiasm. You may recognize me by my guayabera shirt and HBT cap, comrade. I’ll be the one with the gold Rolex who is blathering on about fairness and equality.
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » June 15th 2021, 7:04pm

smellody wrote:

Authentic.

People have the right of a safe space to speak their truth. It's a lot easier sometimes than telling the truth. And more authentic.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
smellody (Online)

Post by smellody » June 16th 2021, 10:29pm

jason_recliner wrote:
June 15th 2021, 7:04pm
smellody wrote:

Authentic.

People have the right of a safe space to speak their truth. It's a lot easier sometimes than telling the truth. And more authentic.
Ha ha ha ha. True dat.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 17th 2021, 8:44pm

I once worked in a record store, and some big doofus walked in looking for a present for his son, and claimed: "The Beatles came to this country and ruined all the kids in it." He then proceeded to buy a Juda Priest cassette for a kid who he probably doesn't talk to these days.

Anyway, advertisers are so "woke" they try to attract some lame message to a freakin' hot dog ad.

Oh, and Oscar Meyer wieners are and always have been food served by parents who call their kids "you fuckin' mistake," sometimes right to their faces.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”