Larry Fine's Hollywood Home

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Larry Fine's Hollywood Home

Post by TemerityB » June 1st 2021, 6:44pm

Imagine Larry Fine's house: People hurling themselves into unbridled Cossack dances at the drop of a hat; luscious breakfasts featuring Flipper's Fluffy Fablongent Flapjacks; a Stradivarius playing "Pop Goes The Weasel" and pre-rock dance stompers; and the world's most underrated comic actor, when scared, saying "Gnaahhhh!"

I love the Stooges, and the older I get, the more I love 'em. Or, as Larry would say: "This is a nice place. It reminds me of the reform school."
Now found at bestdamnwatchforum.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Larry Fine's Hollywood Home

Post by conjurer » June 1st 2021, 7:06pm

Interestingly, there was a never seen Stooge short that Paramount never released; it was titled Pop Goes the Cornea. In it the boys mixed it up with Nazi spies, and, for some reason, gunfire and knife-fights, rather than face slaps, ensued. The body count passed two dozen, and the short was deemed so violent (and anti-German) that Paramount pulled the plug.

Even Curley died near the end, his brain (or brainless) case speared with a chef's knife. Moe and Larry then gave testimony to the Feds, which led to several Nazi spies getting the electric chair.

Although never seen by the public, there were a few prints struck, and many Hollywood bigs saw it and found it life and career-defining. Sam Peckenpah was said to have rubbed one out when seeing Moe used a Maxim gun to murder (in slow motion!) several Nazi bad guys.

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”