From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Because of hurricane damage?

Post by 3Flushes » February 14th 2021, 2:31pm

Falstaff wrote:
February 13th 2021, 10:10am
Or in anticipation of global warming sea level rise? https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/flor ... 27138.html
Climate, climate, climate.

Moves are afoot to all but eliminate fire damage coverage for most of California, much as they've done for Earthquake coverage. Last I hard quake coverage was limited to $5,000.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Because of hurricane damage?

Post by bbattle » February 14th 2021, 4:10pm

When my aunt lived in Orange Beach, Florida, you couldn't get hurricane insurance. Cheaper just to rebuild.

Florida is full of fly by night contractors that don't build to code and when the hurricane blows the houses down, everyone cries and whines. Of course, building in the path of a hurricane, even to the best of codes, is just playing with fire. They've had hurricanes in Florida forever yet people keep coming and buying houses right on the water, in a flood plain, 2 feet above sea level. Everything's cool for a few years and then Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! That hurricane has yanked the roof off your house and your car is in the canal.

More likely, it's to pay for all those lawsuits that will be coming. I'm so tired of the lawyers' commercials on tv. "in a wreck? need a check? call me Alabama!"

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”