Do you drink beer?

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Do you drink beer?

Post by Mark1 » February 3rd 2021, 9:03am

I can't see the video. Not only do I drink beer but also brew it. A buddy and I will be making a couple batches of Brewtopia IPA later this morning.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
MAX (Online)

Post by MAX » February 3rd 2021, 11:36am

Cant see the video but I dont drink as much beer as I used to. Its bourbon these days.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » February 3rd 2021, 11:50am

Must be a forum MP4 glitch.

The jest of it was..........a conversation between a guy and a gal;

Her= do you drink beer?
Him= yes
Her= how much beer do you drink
Him= about three a day
Her=how long have you been drinking beer
Him= about 20 years
Her=what do you pay per pint of beer?
Him= about 4 Euros
Her= (she does the math) ...... if you would have put all that money in the bank, you could have purchased a small airplane by now.

Him= do you drink beer?
Her= no

Him= where is your airplane?

Mark1

Post by Mark1 » February 3rd 2021, 12:20pm

Well, I'm okay then. I've got an airplane and still drink beer. Twelve hours bottle to throttle is my only concession there.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
nimbleboy
Senior Member & WIS

Post by nimbleboy » February 4th 2021, 10:07am

I love most liquor, but especially whiskey (usually rye or bourbon, but almost any kind will do), but I gets into the trouble when I drink it. Unless I only buy two or three airplane-sized bottles...

So I've been drinking beer, which I also love, and it is easily purchased in 2-pint crowlers. I stay out of trouble that way, but it hasn't been good for my expanding belly.
Is it safe?
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » February 4th 2021, 3:22pm

smellody wrote:
February 4th 2021, 2:37pm
I do not like beer. It tastes gross 😝. I like rum. It is delicious in my Diet Coke.

Beer tastes like butthole.
You are drinking the wrong styles of beer.

If you like sweeter drinks, try a Trappist Westvleteren 12, Chimay Red, Westmalle Dubbel, Caledonian McEwan's or something like a raspberry eisbock.

SO many options that don't involve bland lagers.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
smellody (Online)

Post by smellody » February 4th 2021, 3:58pm

biglove wrote:
February 4th 2021, 3:22pm
smellody wrote:
February 4th 2021, 2:37pm
I do not like beer. It tastes gross 😝. I like rum. It is delicious in my Diet Coke.

Beer tastes like butthole.
You are drinking the wrong styles of beer.

If you like sweeter drinks, try a Trappist Westvleteren 12, Chimay Red, Westmalle Dubbel, Caledonian McEwan's or something like a raspberry eisbock.

SO many options that don't involve bland lagers.
The only good beer I've had, that did not taste like butthole, was German and tasted like strawberry puree.

All the beer I see the people drinking is gross.

I honestly don't get it. I also think the same thing of wine. GROSS. Give me grape juice concentrate... or I guess I'd take crystal light grape, but would prefer concentrate out of the can. Why they let grapes spoil and walk around with their finger in the air as they drink it is beyond me.

The only whisky I like is creamed. The best was in a bottle with Grimm Reaper on the bottle that I purchased at a castle in the north of England. The rest, I don't understand. It is gross.

Give me good ol' fashioned, American rum made in the Caribbean! Put it in a glass and add diet coke.
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » February 4th 2021, 7:00pm

I have been known to drink beer.

These days, every Tom, Dick and Harry has a microbrewery. And that's a good thing. I remember the dark ages of just Miller, Bud, Coors. and their diet varieties. all tasting the same, all swill.

I'm not one for these crazy IPA's or choco-coffee-sweet potato beer and the like, but I do greatly appreciate the vast variety.

I drink my dark spirits neat. I once ordered a single malt scotch and the waiter returned with a glass full of ice with some brown liquid. crushed ice, no less. Who does that to Scotch?

Wine and other spirits can wait for another day.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 4th 2021, 9:55pm

I exclusively drink New York State wine, partly to support my state, partly because some of it is pretty good.

Young adult? Area bee brands such as Genessee and Utica Club. Available and cheap. Got me through college. Had a phase as a young adult where I preferred Matt's, another upstate brand that I understand isn't being made any more.
Last edited by TemerityB on February 5th 2021, 4:57pm, edited 1 time in total.
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » February 5th 2021, 4:34pm

Been drinking less this year as it was a bit out of hand. Mostly drink cider now, when I do drink, but I tried a couple of Peroni Reds last night. Really tasty full flavoured lager, and a nice change from the 'normal' Peroni.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”