Considerations for Wearing Masks

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
koimaster
Founder

Considerations for Wearing Masks

Post by koimaster » January 26th 2021, 12:43am

What you need to know

People age 2 and older should wear masks in public settings and when around people who don’t live in their household.​
When you wear a mask, you protect others as well as yourself. Masks work best when everyone wears one.
A mask is NOT a substitute for social distancing. Masks should still be worn in addition to staying at least 6 feet apart, especially when indoors around people who don’t live in your household.

Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol after touching or removing your mask.

Masks may not be necessary when you are outside by yourself away from others, or with other people who live in your household. However, some localities may have mask mandates while out in public, please check for the rules in your locality.
CDC continues to study the effectiveness of different types of masks and update our recommendations as new scientific evidence becomes available. The most recent scientific brief is available here: Scientific Brief: Community Use of Cloth Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2 | CDC

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... dance.html

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-car ... -work-best

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Considerations for Wearing Masks

Post by conjurer » January 26th 2021, 11:48am

TemerityB wrote:
January 26th 2021, 11:45am
So many people are complying, but barely. I particularly love the people who just tie a bandana or scarf around their head, and you see them sucking the air in through the mouth. Then, of course, lower whatever they have on to talk to people standing right next to them. Fucking idiots think the term "aerosol" only applies to Right Guard or Lysol.

People still don't have any fucking clue as to proper mask protocols. This time I don't blame the government - I blame our ever-so-learned populace. Americans have had a year to figure these things out. If you don't have the intellectual curiosity to even seek out the facts about something like this, you get what you get.
I particularly like the imbeciles who walk around wearing their masks over their chins, leaving their mouths and noses uncovered. Perhaps dolts can only get COVID through their chins, what the fuck do I know.
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » January 26th 2021, 11:54am

conjurer wrote:
January 26th 2021, 11:48am
TemerityB wrote:
January 26th 2021, 11:45am
So many people are complying, but barely. I particularly love the people who just tie a bandana or scarf around their head, and you see them sucking the air in through the mouth. Then, of course, lower whatever they have on to talk to people standing right next to them. Fucking idiots think the term "aerosol" only applies to Right Guard or Lysol.

People still don't have any fucking clue as to proper mask protocols. This time I don't blame the government - I blame our ever-so-learned populace. Americans have had a year to figure these things out. If you don't have the intellectual curiosity to even seek out the facts about something like this, you get what you get.
I particularly like the imbeciles who walk around wearing their masks over their chins, leaving their mouths and noses uncovered. Perhaps dolts can only get COVID through their chins, what the fuck do I know.
You replied after I erased my post. I guess it's all good.

I am SO fucking sick of having to act like Malloy and Reed on a SWAT team every time I want to leave my co-op apartment building. It's January 26, 2021, and I still have to dodge maskless morons running around in the hallways here. Windowless, no-air-circulation long hallways. Cough in one of these, and your germs hover in the air for hours. That's not a guess - that's exactly what happens. We have a certain religious sect in this building that won't put masks on, even if you hold a gun to their heads. Building management doesn't do dick about it. Our fucking maintenance staff doesn't even comply.

I'm just so fucking sick of people, on only about four levels. Put a mask on and STFU.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » January 29th 2021, 12:03am

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/topics/ ... fault.html

This site provides a listing of NIOSH-approved particulate filtering facepiece respirators. This type of air-purifying respirators protects by filtering particles out of the air the user is breathing. There are seven classes of filters for NIOSH-approved filtering facepiece respirators available at this time. Ninety-five percent is the minimal level of filtration that will be approved by NIOSH. The N, R, and P designations refer to the filter’s oil resistance as described below.

https://bonafidemasks.com/harley-n95-l- ... face-mask/

https://www.lifelinemedical.net/product ... lg-health/

https://www.vitalitymedical.com/harely- ... style.html

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Pubbie » January 29th 2021, 7:17am

Y'all are being too hard on yourselves. People in Austin and Dallas over the new year were wearing masks outside, and I didn't see a single person not wearing one indoors. I was impressed. Gallon vats of sanitiser everywhere, all of them full. Not like here, where they put one 500ml bottle at the back of the store and it's perpetually empty.

In London, if you ask someone to wear a mask you get punched in the face. Or shivved. Or both. Supermarkets have got rid of door staff because of the risk to their safety. I was about to walk into one shop a few days ago when this fast-walking, obviously high, slightly scabby lady barged in front of me, mask-less. A staffer by the till asked where her mask was. She shouted "I got a eggsemption! I got a eggsemption!" and when challenged got aggressive. "Did I arsk you for a opinion? Did I arsk you?" High as a fucking kite she was. Looking for Rizlas and Doritos. A very large proportion of people in British cities are like this.

I see this more than once daily if I have to go out; I didn't see it once in three weeks in Texas. Just a data point.

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”