U.S. Made Masks & Filters: Filti

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

U.S. Made Masks & Filters: Filti

Post by TemerityB » December 14th 2020, 4:56pm

Being in NYC, I'm obviously really diligent about mask wearing. I even drive with a mask on in my car since I don't want to fiddle with it.

My mask of choice are the KN95s by Powecomm available from http://www.bonafidemasks.com, which are the best price I've found on legit KN95s (and I think I owe this to someone here, who posted about them, so thanks). However, early on during the pandemic I was wearing some pretty good cloth masks I also picked up online, but I notice the inner filters with most masks are PM 2.5 filters, which are great for shutting out dust and such, but coronavirus microbes are much smaller than that.

Someone recently told me about Filti, which manufactures and sells U.S.-made masks and filter inserts that just blow away the PM 2.5s. I am a huge fan of the high efficiency inserts they sell, which filters up to 95% on sub-micron particles, including bacteria and viruses - and now make the cloth masks I own at least a little closer to the efficiency of the KN95s.

I like 'em, so I'm passing on the word about them. If interested: https://filti.com.
Best of luck to all my longtime friends here. Please stay safe, always.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Re: U.S. Made Masks & Filters: Filti

Post by biglove » December 14th 2020, 6:26pm

^^^ good link

We have my wife a full face mask with filters but have yet to use it as is so cumbersome.

Our entire RN/MD ICU staff has ordered and use Envo N95s. The wife's is inbound. Not inexpensive but proven on the job.

https://envomask.com/
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » December 14th 2020, 6:38pm

^^^ Wow, a reusable N95!

Another good choice, to be sure.

What bothers me about this pandemic - other than of course, everything - is that virtually none of the masks or PPE is made in the U.S. From this point forward, we need more American companies manufacturing these type of goods right here at home. It's also time for big companies to manufacture more everything right here in this country. We've had a disaster, and we had to wait for supplies from another country? Only to be monetized before it all got to the people who really needed it?

Bring back manufacturing. When you think about it, virtually everything depends on it.
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » December 15th 2020, 10:33am

TemerityB wrote:
December 14th 2020, 6:38pm
^^^ Wow, a reusable N95!
So the envo mask is a disposable filter with a washable frame?

We are more inclined (everyday sheltered-in-place joes only going out for essentials) to wear a 100% disposable N95 and toss the entire contaminated thing in the trash.

The little lady agrees. YMMV

Welcome to the watchlords liberal echo chamber.

TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » December 15th 2020, 12:19pm

codguy wrote:
December 15th 2020, 10:33am
TemerityB wrote:
^^^ Wow, a reusable N95!

We are more inclined (everyday sheltered-in-place joes only going out for essentials) to wear a 100% disposable N95 and toss the entire contaminated thing in the trash.

Oh, don't get me wrong: I have the blue three-ply "surgical" style masks, too. If I had to wear even the KN95s every day, I'd go broke. I mix and match the masks to what I'm going - the more people I know I'm going to be around, the better the mask. And when I go to the market, I practically wear a fucking hazmat suit, cuz people are stoopid.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 15th 2020, 7:24pm

codguy wrote:
December 15th 2020, 10:33am
TemerityB wrote:
^^^ Wow, a reusable N95!

These are for work. RNs and MD are being forced to reuse try he same N95 for weeks on end. These actually seal better and can be cleaned, save for the filter itself.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”