Another nice buck harvested this season.

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
koimaster
Founder

Re: Another nice buck harvested this season.

Post by koimaster » December 7th 2020, 11:41am

And here I had some elk chili the other day from the Meating place. Did not even have to work up a sweat hunting it. :mrgreen:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by bbattle » December 7th 2020, 3:47pm

Deer season seems to last 6 months here but no plans to get out there. Brother-in-law owns two hunting clubs and leases more land where he has a house on the river. Deer EVERYWHERE. no sport in hunting them, rather take out some of the wild hogs that tear up his food plots.

Son-in-law works at his friends' club. They have clients come in with a deer kill pretty much guaranteed. These people spends thousands so they get the royal treatment while they stay. Then they tip in the hundreds. I need to get down there; I can cook better than any of them.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 7th 2020, 6:31pm

^^^Wild hog=THE best sausage you will ever eat.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » December 8th 2020, 4:51pm

biglove wrote:
December 7th 2020, 6:31pm
^^^Wild hog=THE best sausage you will ever eat.
Ain't that the truth!

Brother-in-law's guests usually keep the smaller hogs for themselves but the bigger ones get donated to a local group that gives the meat out to charity.

The wild hog problem is bad enough that the state will loan you a capture cage for free. There's a camera linked to your phone so you can see the hogs going inside. Once they've all gone inside, you can shut the door. The trap only works once; the hogs are smart enough to avoid them once they've seen their brethren trapped inside.

If you like good southern sausage, you need to try Conecuh sausage. I like their cajun style. https://conecuhsausage.com/

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”