John Fogerty - American Soldier

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

John Fogerty - American Soldier

Post by bbattle » November 15th 2020, 4:28pm

John shares his memories of being stationed at Fort Knox during the Vietnam War.

While music has played a big role throughout Fogerty's life, he said no matter how far he travels to perform for others, he is never far away from his military identity.

"Sometimes it shows up in ways you can identify, and you're really proud of that, especially personal discipline," said Fogerty. "At other times, it's just part of what makes you you. I think almost anybody who's been in the military realizes that there's a certain amount of maturity you have. You can't help it; you either shape up or ship out -- most of us choose to shape up."

His military experience is not one he shies away from admitting.

"Life is what it is so you can't change it, but I certainly am proud of that time," said Fogerty. "There's a lot of insight that you learn about getting along with people and what is the mindset inside the military, and I'm not talking about people who make policy. I mean grunts like who I was who are cogs in the wheel.

"You really do learn how to discipline yourself and be part of a team that helps make things flow because that's part of your job."

https://www.military.com/off-duty/2019/ ... -army.html

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”