See "Cooger and Dark's Pandemonium Shadow Show" tonight

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

See "Cooger and Dark's Pandemonium Shadow Show" tonight

Post by Falstaff » October 31st 2020, 1:20pm

See the Gypsy Witch! See Mr. Electrico! My favorite All Hallows Eve (or Samhain if you're pagan) film - "Something Wicked This Way Comes". Ray Bradbury wrote the screenplay for this film adapted from his novel of the same name. A quietly terrifying story - even though it was made by Disney - told with Bradbury's characteristic poignant insight into human frailty, about the October visit to a small town of an evil traveling circus and its tempting attractions. Standout performances by Jonathan Pryce (as Mr. Dark) and Jason Robards (as Charles Halloway).

Mr. Dark - "Yes, we're the Autumn People - the Hungry Ones. Your torment calls to us like dogs in the night. And we do feed, and feed well."
Charles Halloway - "To stuff yourselves on other peoples' nightmares."
Mr. Dark - "And butter our plain bread with delicious pain! Ah, I see you do understand a little."

It will be chilly, crisp and dry here tonight and the autumn leaves will be blowing around lit by a rising blue moon - a perfect Halloween night. The title originates with the three witches of Macbeth - "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes!" I'll be watching it tonight with the cats and rest of the coven.
"Open the pod bay doors, Hal." "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”